tamron 18-270 vs. canon 18-200

marmots

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
im looking for an all around lens and wanted to know which of these you guys know about... i found this Juza Nature Photography

good, but i don't like how they compare to canon at 200 to the tamron at 270 i want to see them both at 200 and figure it out from there

can any one help me out

no one has either lens?

I don't have either of those lenses nor have I used either of them. Here is something to consider however.

The big issue with a lens like the 18-200/18-270 is the large range of zoom. Zoom lenses by their very nature are a compromise to one degree or another. In a consumer grade lens, such as either one you have listed that compromise can be fairly large in terms of sharpness, Chromatic Aberation, etc.

In top of the line glass the compromise is usually minimal, and usually in the area of sharpness compared to a comparable top of the line prime. A comparable prime is always going to be sharper that the equivalent zoom. The appeal of a zoom is the versatility that it offers. That versatility comes with the above mentioned trade offs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back