Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 hmm, not happy.

Agree with sending it back. I would be comfortable ordering a different copy. As you see, a lot of us own this lens and yours clearly has a problem. I heard all good things about Adorama's service.

I got a sharp copy after a few tries. The copy I have, after my less than scientific testing with a rented 24-70, was that the Tamron was sharper at 5.6 and above.

You have a bum copy, which happens often with third party lenses.

I hope I didn't get bad copy. If I did I hope Adorama is good about it because I bought it used.

Our returns guarantee gives you a full 30 days to try it out - I think you already know that it isn't living up to expectations....... :(

Please drop me an email with your order number and I'll have a pre-paid label sent out for you to return it: [email protected]

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I hope I didn't get bad copy. If I did I hope Adorama is good about it because I bought it used.

Our returns guarantee gives you a full 30 days to try it out - I think you already know that it isn't living up to expectations....... :(

Please drop me an email with your order number and I'll have a pre-paid label sent out for you to return it: [email protected]

I have performed a more scientific test.

All are at 75mm focal length, focus distance at about 5-6' which is closer than the 12' of the previous pics.

Pic 1 Tripod 1/20 sec f 2.8 iso 250
DSC_0010.jpg

Pic 2 Tripod 1/20 sec f 6.3 iso 250
DSC_0007.jpg

Pic 3 Handheld 1/20 sec f 2.8 iso 250
DSC_0004.jpg

Pic 4 Handheld 1/20 sec f 6.3 iso 250
DSC_0005.jpg

While the 2.8 performance in these photos is better than the 2.8 performance in the previous photos. It's still much worse than I expected.

Agreed -- back it should go! I'm sure Adorama will make good. If you had bought it new, Tamron has a 6 year warranty and excellent customer service.

EDIT : I didn't see Helen's note. :thumbup::thumbup:

I had that lens, and while I wasn't happy with its slow AF or slight softness and CA problems, I definitely agree you have a bad copy, or are having focus problems.

Exciting news!!

the new lens has arrived from Adorama!!! I will be posting more examples tonight!!

I'm not sure about the one they JUST sent but the one from the examples above is the non-built in motor version. Using the camera body focus motor.

I tried a Tamron in that range, it sucked and constantly locked up and had to be removed/installed.

I went with the Sigma 18-50 f/2.8 HSM OS and never looked back.

I tried a Tamron in that range, it sucked and constantly locked up and had to be removed/installed.

I went with the Sigma 18-50 f/2.8 HSM OS and never looked back.

I looked into that as well but 50 is not quite tight enough for me. I'm usually in the 35+ range for most of my shots.

Most reactions

Back