Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 hmm, not happy.

I'm sure you looked into this, and please understand I am not trying to be patronizing. But... does your camera get sharp and focused images with other lenses? The examples you posted from the second lens are really not that different - still way beyond what is acceptable of this lens (any lens, really). Have you checked to make sure there isn't a focus problem in the camera itself?

Let me try to run some test shot similar to yours. I'll post some images then you can compare it yourself.

shot in very low light. 75mm, 1/60th sec, f/2.8, ISO-4000, jpeg straight from camera
_VNV5322%20%282%29.JPG

crop 100%
_VNV5322.JPG

detail is obviously lost because of the ISO-4000 but still very good IMO.

I would contact Adorama and verify that you can send both lenes back with the same return shipper they sent you for the first lens. KEH would rate that 2nd lens as "bargain". I have always had good service from Adorama. But thats with new equipment. I am sure they will allow the return of both lenses. Keep looking or wait and just order a new one.

If you'll see all my posts I'm not trying to bash adorama here. I never said anything slanderous, I was simply talking about my experience. They have treated me well in the customer service department, and I'm happy with my experience dealing with them. I realize there is some risk purchasing used equipment sight unseen.

They are going to take both lenses back. No issue.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back