Tamzin- Model Portrait

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been playing catch up on editing over the last couple of weeks after requesting my hours at work be reduced, and now I'm finally getting to a point where I can edit my "just for fun" work after getting somewhat caught up on client work. I finished this portrait of my friend Tamzin this morning. This was from a yearly photography camping retreat in Marysville WA in August (called the Just For Fun Networking Event). I requested that I be the model's first shoot on the first morning, that way I could work with her before she put any makeup on and only do some light retouching to get a clean and natural look. The focus is soft on some spots because of the shallow depth of field; kind of wishing I'd have set it to f/2.8 or 3.5-ish.

Captured in natural light. Camera: EOS 5D Classic. Lens: Canon EF 85mm f/1.8. (f/2.2 / 1/640th sec / ISO 1250)

_mg_8380_by_danostergren-daugvn0.jpg

Man I love this one! Great work!!! :clap:

Dang. that's a great image.
Nominated POTM

Nice call for the lack of makeup, I can't get behind redheads wearing green clothes. But this doesn't bother me, in fact I love the photo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Quick question, why use that fast of a shutter and high ISO? I'm not nitpicking, just trying to gain knowledge.

Superb! Great shot indeed

Looks great. It seems as though there is a hair or smudge on her jaw, between the second and third apex of the leaf closest to her jaw.

Very nice Dan, i like the way this shot came together, it all fits increadably well
Thanks!
Man I love this one! Great work!!! :clap:
Thank you!
Great shot.
Thank you.
I'm not worthy.
Oh stahp!
Dang. that's a great image.
Nominated POTM
Wow thank you!
Nice call for the lack of makeup, I can't get behind redheads wearing green clothes. But this doesn't bother me, in fact I love the photo.

Thank you!
Superb! Great shot indeed
Thank you.
Looks great. It seems as though there is a hair or smudge on her jaw, between the second and third apex of the leaf closest to her jaw.
Thanks, I didn't notice that.

Quick question, why use that fast of a shutter and high ISO? I'm not nitpicking, just trying to gain knowledge.

I use high ISO speeds in order to achieve a higher shutter speed for sharper focus. And because it makes photographers who hate the tiniest hint of noise head's spin.

Thanks for the answer Dan

Most reactions

Back