What's new

Tamzin- Model Portrait

DanOstergren

"We're all mad here" ... At me?
Joined
Jun 2, 2013
Messages
5,305
Reaction score
5,206
Location
Oregon
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been playing catch up on editing over the last couple of weeks after requesting my hours at work be reduced, and now I'm finally getting to a point where I can edit my "just for fun" work after getting somewhat caught up on client work. I finished this portrait of my friend Tamzin this morning. This was from a yearly photography camping retreat in Marysville WA in August (called the Just For Fun Networking Event). I requested that I be the model's first shoot on the first morning, that way I could work with her before she put any makeup on and only do some light retouching to get a clean and natural look. The focus is soft on some spots because of the shallow depth of field; kind of wishing I'd have set it to f/2.8 or 3.5-ish.

Captured in natural light. Camera: EOS 5D Classic. Lens: Canon EF 85mm f/1.8. (f/2.2 / 1/640th sec / ISO 1250)

_mg_8380_by_danostergren-daugvn0.jpg
 
Man I love this one! Great work!!! :clap:
 
Nice call for the lack of makeup, I can't get behind redheads wearing green clothes. But this doesn't bother me, in fact I love the photo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Quick question, why use that fast of a shutter and high ISO? I'm not nitpicking, just trying to gain knowledge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Superb! Great shot indeed
 
Very nice Dan, i like the way this shot came together, it all fits increadably well
Thanks!
Man I love this one! Great work!!! :clap:
Thank you!
Great shot.
Thank you.
I'm not worthy.
Oh stahp!
Dang. that's a great image.
Nominated POTM
Wow thank you!
Nice call for the lack of makeup, I can't get behind redheads wearing green clothes. But this doesn't bother me, in fact I love the photo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Thank you!
Superb! Great shot indeed
Thank you.
Looks great. It seems as though there is a hair or smudge on her jaw, between the second and third apex of the leaf closest to her jaw.
Thanks, I didn't notice that.

Quick question, why use that fast of a shutter and high ISO? I'm not nitpicking, just trying to gain knowledge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
I use high ISO speeds in order to achieve a higher shutter speed for sharper focus. And because it makes photographers who hate the tiniest hint of noise head's spin.
 
Thanks for the answer Dan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom