Targus Filter Question

CNCO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently bought a Targus 67mm Circular Polarizer filter. Its annoying because there are two parts to this filter and the filter will not stop turning. Is there a way to stop this? The two will not come apart.

Also what would happen if I stack this filter with a Tiffen UV filter?

The circular polarizer is supposed to turn. The idea is to thread it onto the front of the lens, then look through the camera as you are composing your scene, and then rotate the front portion of the filter until the polarizing effect appears the sway you want it to look, either as far as making the sky darker, or reducing or eliminating reflections on things like windows, leaves, or water or other reflective surfaces.

it is generally considered unnecessary, or even a bad idea, to stack a circular polarizer, often abbreviated as CPL, with a UV filter. Depending on the thickness of the UV filter, and the focal length of the lens, it is possible that a CPL stacked on top of a UV would cause corner vignetting (darkening), especially with short focal length lenses.

Please do not try to take the CPL apart...it is supposed to be the way it is.

thanks, its just annoying because the lenses hood is always moving. thanks for the tips, im still new at this photography thing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back