TBF Photo Challenge - August 4th - Times Square NY - 2015

VnegImages

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok Guys Give Me Your Honest Opinion, I Love A HardCore Critic, For Some Weird Reason Hard Critics Motivates Me More………Sooooooooooooo Let Me Have It

Attachments

• IMG_4576.JPG
    IMG_4576.JPG
    625.9 KB · Views: 129
First, welcome!

Second, you've posted this in the wrong section. If you want critique, you should post in one of the Galleries. This could go under "People" or maybe "Photojournalism" (where a lot of street photography is posted). If you have a picture that doesn't really fit any category, you can put it into "General Gallery."

Third, I think the photo has potential. It's a bit busy, but that could add to a possible "story" that you're telling - lots of people, big city, he looks confused...But I find those two men on the right of the frame distracting. They are too close. I would have liked to see the subject more isolated. Overall, it's got some interest but it's missing something to make the story more compelling, and with street photography, story is an important element.

What was your intent?

Good light, good focus, background is distracting.

Moved to a more appropriate forum.
OP: Photos for C&C should always be posted to one of the subforums in the "Photo Galleries" forum. The TPF Photo Challenge forum is specifically for the monthly Challenge theme contest.

Welcome to TPF! I'm not much of a street photographer, but I'd tend to agree that the background here is distracting, without seeming to add anything to the story, imo. But you DID isolate and focus on your subject nicely.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back