Teaching my 7 year old niece photography

Aloicious

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographywild.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I thought y'all might enjoy this, I went out to take some family pics for my sister-in-law and her family (I'm not a people photographer so I don't offer to do family pics for anyone other than my family) and while we were there my little 7 year old niece REALLY wanted to learn how to take some pictures so I taught her a few things and let her go around and do some shooting. She got some good images too.

She didn't even have a problem with the de-coupled focus button except that her little hands could barely reach the AF-ON button and shutter release.

Pic 1 is her shooting with my d800e and 85 f1.8 (which was a great sized lens for her to use)...you can see her grinning behind the camera, she had a blast.

Pic 2 is an image she took of her parents using my 70-200 f2.8 (which was a bit too large for her, but she still managed to get some good shots with it). its pretty much SOOC except I did crop it to portrait orientation since she couldn't turn the camera to do so.

we had a fun day with them, I'm a proud uncle, and I just thought y'all might enjoy seeing these shots,
biggrin.gif

gracie_camera_zps1ef362b8.jpg~original

graciesshot_zps6244041d.jpg~original

She did a great job and the holding support of the camera elbow tucked in for for steadiness,She gets it. No better age to start then when they are young.:thumbup: Her parents might start hating you when she starts asking for her own D800 with some 2.8 glass.:lol:

That's awesome!! Maybe another year or two and you can get her her very own camera!

Most reactions

Back