Teen photographers

BGeise

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I was just at our county fair and I went looking through the photo submissions. Now I know how much work goes into making good photos and a lot of these photos were really good. I mean really really good. So it just makes me wonder how much these kids actually did on these. I just question how many teens are willing to get their camera setup nicely, get composition right, wait for lighting and then edit these photos to almost a professional level. Not saying there is not any good young photographers out there but there must be over 30 protégé kids in my county

How big is your county? I'd guess there's like 3 in mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How big is your county? I'd guess there's like 3 in mine.

Well pottawattamie county is the biggest county in Iowa but still question things

Not all teenagers are spotty nosed manic crazy people who can't focus on anything for 10 seconds and who have no desire to aspire to anything save to visit the pub ;)

Heck I know many teens and young adults - heck even some kids who are very dedicated to their hobbies as much as any adult can be. Plus when you're keen and dedicated early on that really can shine and show fast (because your brain is a soak-box for information at those ages so picking things up is generally quicker/easier than for adults - so long as you're learning the right way).

Not all teenagers are spotty nosed manic crazy people who can't focus on anything for 10 seconds and who have no desire to aspire to anything save to visit the pub ;)

Heck I know many teens and young adults - heck even some kids who are very dedicated to their hobbies as much as any adult can be. Plus when you're keen and dedicated early on that really can shine and show fast (because your brain is a soak-box for information at those ages so picking things up is generally quicker/easier than for adults - so long as you're learning the right way).

But I do question if they are learning the right way and not just having mom and dad do all of the work for them

All that's saying is this.

Think sports. Football lets say.

You get a small county, how many players are going to go D1 and play college ball? 10-20?

Think a large county. What now? 50-60? Maybe 80?

It's just a numbers game.

The more people you have in a area. The better the overall talent is.

Maybe

I'm having trouble comprehending this thread. :scratch:

I'm going to go grab a beer and see if I can't make better sense of it with a buzz going.

But I do question if they are learning the right way and not just having mom and dad do all of the work for them

Well that does happen - but then again consider how many parents really know photography well enough

This isn't writing an essay to pass school in ;)

I'm going to go grab a beer and see if I can't make better sense of it with a buzz going.

What's confusing

What's confusing

The fact that you would see art that you consider to be very, very, good, and then immediately question the validity of said art based on the artist's age.

The fact that you would see art that you consider to be very, very, good, and then immediately question the validity of said art based on the artist's age.

Probably wouldn't have questioned anything if there was some that were mediocre but they were all almost perfect from composition to editing. Not saying I am the world's best photographer (which i clearly am not) but I would have a hard time producing some of these photos.

It just sounds like they already pre-selected the best and whittled out the lower skilled photographers before putting things on display.

Probably wouldn't have questioned anything if there was some that were mediocre but they were all almost perfect from composition to editing. Not saying I am the world's best photographer (which i clearly am not) but I would have a hard time producing some of these photos.

So because *you* would have a hard time producing those photos, means that certainly teenagers with nothing but time on their hands, and even a little motivation, couldn't gain the skillset and creativity required to produce above average imagery? :lol:

I need another beer.

Ah, hell forget it. I'm going to the BAR.

:lol:

So because *you* would have a hard time producing those photos, means that certainly teenagers with nothing but time on their hands, and even a little motivation, couldn't gain the skillset and creativity required to produce above average imagery? :lol:

I need another beer.

Ah, hell forget it. I'm going to the BAR.

:lol:

Well my thinking on this I guess is simple. As long as they stay off my lawn, I'm good.

Lol

Most reactions

Back