Teleconverter for christmas NOT WORKING!!

s1000rr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Guys, Merry Christmas! Need some help here. Just recieved a Sigma APO 2x Teleconverter for Christmas. I have a Nikon D5000 and a Sigma 180mm APO Macro lens. I attached the converter to the lens then the lens to the camera body. All I got was a message saying "Lock the aperture ring to the lowest setting" which I've done but I still get the same message? I've put it on and off several times and still can't get it to work. Anybody got any ideas? HELP!! Christmas and I want to play but my toy won't work! Cheers guys.

Have you tried cleaning the contacts on the camera body, teleconverter and the lens? You can clean the copper coloured contacts with the eraiser end of a pencil. After that make sure that the lens and teleconverter are fully secured together and to the camera body

To keep eraser debris away from your camera and lens, use the other end of the pencil. The graphite will clean and enhance the electrical connection.

Are you in manual focus mode ? With a 2x converter, your at f8 at best and if you don't have a lot of light, it isn't going to work. It's hard to get a lens to auto forcus with a 2x.

Hi Guys, Merry Christmas! Need some help here. Just recieved a Sigma APO 2x Teleconverter for Christmas. I have a Nikon D5000 and a Sigma 180mm APO Macro lens. I attached the converter to the lens then the lens to the camera body. All I got was a message saying "Lock the aperture ring to the lowest setting" which I've done but I still get the same message? I've put it on and off several times and still can't get it to work. Anybody got any ideas? HELP!! Christmas and I want to play but my toy won't work! Cheers guys.

Take the Lens and teleconverter off the camera. With the lens attached to the TC. See if the aperture lever is moving when you change aperture settings on the lens (on the body mount side of the TC watch for the lever to move as you adjust the aperture on the lens). It could be that its not coupling correctly. If its not. Take the lens and TC apart and see if anything is amis.

Also try a different lens as well. Can be a wide angle, your just checking the TC. And we are assuming that the 180mm is working fine when attached to the body without the TC.

Have you checked to be sure the teleconverter will work with that lens.

I have a nikon and it only works with specific lenses.

Ditto on what ann said. Usually the TC are reserved for the the super-telephoto and premium zoom lenses. i.e. 70-200 f/2.8, 300mm f/2.8, etc.

Most reactions

Back