Teleconverter help...

BanditPhotographyNW

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK so I have a whole new setup, everything is brand new and consist of a Nikon D7100, Nikon 300mm f/4 AF-S with a Nikon TC-14e....its wont seem to auto focus but everything I read says it should. it does without the tele-converter on there but not with so I am confused and don't know what to do to troubleshoot it. any help is appreciated.

table1349

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Out of curiosity are you sure you have the 300mm f/4 AF-S. The TC won't work with the 300mm f/4 AF but will with the 300mm f/4 AF-S.

OP
BanditPhotographyNW

BanditPhotographyNW

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Out of curiosity are you sure you have the 300mm f/4 AF-S. The TC won't work with the 300mm f/4 AF but will with the 300mm f/4 AF-S.

ya its the af-s for sure...I think the TC is bad Im sending it back...would it make a difference if its a tc-14e or tc-14e II I have just the E. I was told they are the same just a different cosmetics. And this combo should work on the D7100 right?

Derrel

Mr. Rain Cloud
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Photos OK to edit
If it is a brand-new, unmodified, factory-spec TC14e or e-II, the TC will not even MOUNT on a 300 f/4 AF-D lens...

If the TC unit will not AF "at all", and the lens is properly set to Minimum aperture, then the TC is probably wonky.

(I own both the 300/4 AF-S and a couple of TC14e converters...have never had an issue with the pairing).

raventepes

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Is your camera itself set to manual focus?

OP
BanditPhotographyNW

BanditPhotographyNW

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
The body is set to A/F I just contacted B&H and got an RMA so ill be getting a new on in a few days...Thanks for the help I'm sure its gotta be a bad copy. Bummer too Im going on a trip this weekend I guess 300mm will have to do lol...

Most reactions

New Topics