Teleconverter help...

BanditPhotographyNW

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK so I have a whole new setup, everything is brand new and consist of a Nikon D7100, Nikon 300mm f/4 AF-S with a Nikon TC-14e....its wont seem to auto focus but everything I read says it should. it does without the tele-converter on there but not with so I am confused and don't know what to do to troubleshoot it. any help is appreciated.

Out of curiosity are you sure you have the 300mm f/4 AF-S. The TC won't work with the 300mm f/4 AF but will with the 300mm f/4 AF-S.

Out of curiosity are you sure you have the 300mm f/4 AF-S. The TC won't work with the 300mm f/4 AF but will with the 300mm f/4 AF-S.

ya its the af-s for sure...I think the TC is bad Im sending it back...would it make a difference if its a tc-14e or tc-14e II I have just the E. I was told they are the same just a different cosmetics. And this combo should work on the D7100 right?

If it is a brand-new, unmodified, factory-spec TC14e or e-II, the TC will not even MOUNT on a 300 f/4 AF-D lens...

If the TC unit will not AF "at all", and the lens is properly set to Minimum aperture, then the TC is probably wonky.

(I own both the 300/4 AF-S and a couple of TC14e converters...have never had an issue with the pairing).

Is your camera itself set to manual focus?

The body is set to A/F I just contacted B&H and got an RMA so ill be getting a new on in a few days...Thanks for the help I'm sure its gotta be a bad copy. Bummer too Im going on a trip this weekend I guess 300mm will have to do lol...

Most reactions

Back