Teleconverter is stuck on Nikon D3200

Lonnie1212

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Folks,

A few minutes ago I put a TC 200 teleconverter on my D3200 camera. Now I cannot remove it. I press on the lens release button. But the teleconverter will not come off. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Lonnie

I finally got the TC off of the camera. I think I will throw it in the garbage. If no one stops me, to the trash it goes. I googled the problem and read about people sending their cameras into Nikon to have TC's removed.

Hard call but bin the tc you got lucky this time who know next time
I had a sc cf converter jam in my 7d second time took a lot longer to sort out
So that my thoughts but I do know if it was my hard earned cash I would um er what to do
Probably get caught a second time lol
Edit
Another thought sale it as spares/ repair who knows there my be something who like to tinker you would at least got a bit of cash

Hard call but bin the tc you got lucky this time who know next time
I had a sc cf converter jam in my 7d second time took a lot longer to sort out
So that my thoughts but I do know if it was my hard earned cash I would um er what to do
Probably get caught a second time lol
Edit
Another thought sale it as spares/ repair who knows there my be something who like to tinker you would at least got a bit of cash

Thanks for you input. I will throw it in the trash. If I give it away, it may get stuck on someone else's camera.

I thought the TC was supposed to stay on the lens.

Meaning you put the TC on the lens then mount the entire assembly on the camera. And then remove it as an assembly and, if needed, remove the TC from the lens.

Keep it and carry one of these in your bag.

Screenshot_20210117-085732-01.jpeg

Look at the locking hole on the TC, if it has stuff in it then the release pin could jam in it.

You should also take good look at the release pin on the body ... if it is damaged then it could potentially get stuck when using other lenses.

Look at the locking hole on the TC, if it has stuff in it then the release pin could jam in it.

You should also take good look at the release pin on the body ... if it is damaged then it could potentially get stuck when using other lenses.

Good advice dxqcanada. I will do that soon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back