$3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
  • $6.jpg
    $6.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
  • $15.jpg
    $15.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 63
Very nice set. In picture 1 you really need a crop so the insect becomes a true subject. As it stands now, it's hardly visible, as IO missed it when I 1st looked at your picture.

Thanks! How far would you suggest cropping in? My instructor at school told me I tend to "over-crop."

Tend to over crop is a general observation, and is subjective nearly all the time. In the case of the flower/insect, they should equally share "center" stage. Actually, the insect should get top billing as it's a harder subject to deal with.

$MRice Stock E Bee 03212012.jpg

Not the best, but you get the general idea. Too much dead space doesn't add to one's image, just makes it all that much harder to appreciate your composition.

Are you saying I have too much dead space on all four pictures or just the bee one?

I love the dogwood #3. I love looking at flower photos. I have a dogwood in my backyard, can't believe I haven't walked out there to photograph.

Are you saying I have too much dead space on all four pictures or just the bee one?

Just the Bee one.

Pic #2 could have been composed somewhat better if you didn't have those bloooms dead center. Pic 3 & 4 by their very nature have a strong composition as is.

Nice tulip tree leaves.

Joe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back