Tennesseean newbie here saying hello.

Tnphonograper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
As the thread states I'm here to say hello!
I'm a 38 year old lineman, which basically means I play a role in making sure our electric grid is maintained SAFELY and specialize in new installation and repair of poles and circuits above and below the earth at a voltage of 14.4k. I'm located in Franklin Tn. Just below Nashville by 15-20 miles and have been here as long as I've been alive. After graduating high school I enrolled in a technical college pursuing an associate degree in photography which I ALMOST got but at the time I was running my own lawn care business and after 2 years of balancing I decided to continue my business of grass lacking only 9 hours of classes left until completed, I was going to finish but never did, life has funny unforeseen paths some times and my path was line work, after all that's what my dad did for 33 years and it provided well for me and my family along with a good solid retirement! Anyway, I've always loved photography, in fact every now and then I'll dust off my old Pentax k1000 and reminisce of the adventures we had, I did a few engagement sessions with it and realized real quick I was not meant to take people photos unless it was a candid situation, I enjoy the outdoors, landscapes, reflections, sunrises and also wild animals. Waking up with the sun is where I belong and I've found that my job offers countless opportunities for great photo ops in different lights and great places that most don't get to go to! I enjoy arrowhead hunting, metal detecting and also shed antler hunting after deer lose theirs in the spring which brings up a crazy event that happened to me one morning while zipping around town taking photos after an ice storm, I had worked for several days straight and decided to take off that Friday to enjoy the snow and ice since we don't get it often where I live and figured it might make for some great photos....boy was I in for a surprise! I ended up finding a lady that had gotten stuck in ice and ended up outside of her car laying on a half inch of ice with 2 or so inches of snow on top and it was in the teens temp wise and I guess I saved her life maybe and somehow the local news heard of it and wanted to interview me, I ended up getting calls from different media around the U.S. And even Australia wanting to cover my story about THE PHOTOGRAPHER WHO FOUND THE FROZEN LADY! Photography isn't my profession but it is very near and dear to me and brings much enjoyment, I credit it and a higher power for leading me to that lady on a cold Tn. Friday and I'm glad to have this amazing hobby and glad to have found this group so I hope this long winded book I just wrote makes me part of the group, im excited to browse, learn and post here about our common interest! Thanks for letting me in and I apologize for such a lengthy "hello" just wanted y'all to know who I am!!! -Keith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As the thread states I'm here to say hello!
I'm a 38 year old lineman, which basically means I play a role in making sure our electric grid is maintained SAFELY and specialize in new installation and repair of poles and circuits above and below the earth at a voltage of 14.4k. I'm located in Franklin Tn. Just below Nashville by 15-20 miles and have been here as long as I've been alive. After graduating high school I enrolled in a technical college pursuing an associate degree in photography which I ALMOST got but at the time I was running my own lawn care business and after 2 years of balancing I decided to continue my business of grass lacking only 9 hours of classes left until completed, I was going to finish but never did, life has funny unforeseen paths some times and my path was line work, after all that's what my dad did for 33 years and it provided well for me and my family along with a good solid retirement! Anyway, I've always loved photography, in fact every now and then I'll dust off my old Pentax k1000 and reminisce of the adventures we had, I did a few engagement sessions with it and realized real quick I was not meant to take people photos unless it was a candid situation, I enjoy the outdoors, landscapes, reflections, sunrises and also wild animals. Waking up with the sun is where I belong and I've found that my job offers countless opportunities for great photo ops in different lights and great places that most don't get to go to! I enjoy arrowhead hunting, metal detecting and also shed antler hunting after deer lose theirs in the spring which brings up a crazy event that happened to me one morning while zipping around town taking photos after an ice storm, I had worked for several days straight and decided to take off that Friday to enjoy the snow and ice since we don't get it often where I live and figured it might make for some great photos....boy was I in for a surprise! I ended up finding a lady that had gotten stuck in ice and ended up outside of her car laying on a half inch of ice with 2 or so inches of snow on top and it was in the teens temp wise and I guess I saved her life maybe and somehow the local news heard of it and wanted to interview me, I ended up getting calls from different media around the U.S. And even Australia wanting to cover my story about THE PHOTOGRAPHER WHO FOUND THE FROZEN LADY! Photography isn't my profession but it is very near and dear to me and brings much enjoyment, I credit it and a higher power for leading me to that lady on a cold Tn. Friday and I'm glad to have this amazing hobby and glad to have found this group so I hope this long winded book I just wrote makes me part of the group, im excited to browse, learn and post here about our common interest! Thanks for letting me in and I apologize for such a lengthy "hello" just wanted y'all to know who I am!!! -Keith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome aboard!

Most reactions

Back