Terrible bokeh, can I fix it?

benlonghair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright. Got this image that I really like. Except for the terrible bokeh. Here's the 100% crop from the RAW (working with GIMP and UFRaw):

3879700410_e1fb6c78c5_o.jpg

here's one version of the shot (the crop is from a partially saturated version):

3831496375_c0eea07793_o.jpg

Thanks for your help.

Kind of what I was thinking too, might be a little tricky masking out the grass.

Yeah blurring it more will help. I also think the highlight features on the background is affecting your bokeh(the little circular things)...maybe drop the exposure highlights as well on the bokeh and try to sync it up with your midtones and shadows.

Ya i'm in the process of doing a super fine lasso select. This could take a while. :)

Meh, it looks pretty good when I take the saturation on the yellow down more than the green. That lens just has ugly as hell bokeh at f/6.3.

DUde, u can fix it.

Alien Skin Bokeh ;)

I know this looks pretty bad, as It took less than 2 minutes. If you take more time it will look nice, but this give you an idea of how you can get the background with alien skin bokeh.

3883605870_e1ba891540.jpg

Perhaps this is where it should be said that shooting at wide open aperture, isn't always the best thing!

Perhaps this is where it should be said that shooting at wide open aperture, isn't always the best thing!

You just need good glass.

You just need good glass.

Ya, cheap glass and inexperience bit me in the ass pretty hard here. Unfortunatly it was a moment, and, had I thought about what I was doing, I probably wouldn't have had this problem.

Most reactions

Back