testing New Raynox DCR-250 add-on lens - Jumping Spider

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
couple of quick test shots with OC flash (mildly diffused)

Jumper-with-Raynox-28-mid.jpg

Jumper-with-Raynox-22.jpg

Last edited:
Lens seems to work pretty well for its cost. I'm impressed. The bottom one has three blemishes at upper right and one at upper left - not sure if it is camera or lens. They might be in the first too but they fall on the leg so can't be seen.

Lens seems to work pretty well for its cost. I'm impressed. The bottom one has three blemishes at upper right and one at upper left - not sure if it is camera or lens. They might be in the first too but they fall on the leg so can't be seen.

Blemishes fixed... Uploaded the pre-fixed image accidentally! Waiting on a sensor cleaning kit to arrive! :)

I think the image is very sharp!

Thanks... I am really happy with this little inexpensive lens addition! It has far exceeded my expectations! :)

Maybe play a bit with the low end of the gamma curve to see if you can get some of the details up in the dark areas around the eyes - just a bit contrasty, can sacrifice a little in the midtones to boost the low end?

Maybe play a bit with the low end of the gamma curve to see if you can get some of the details up in the dark areas around the eyes - just a bit contrasty, can sacrifice a little in the midtones to boost the low end?

This one is a little better in the areas you spoke of (after I tinkered with it a bit...) and I did a crop on it also.. about 80%, not even a max crop... this spider was about a 1/2" long, so the new lens really magnifies a lot!

Jumper-with-Raynox-27-80p-C.jpg

Most reactions

Back