Testing out the new alien bee!

See... it is actually easy, isn't it?

This setup at least.. I didn't get crazy and go trigger route.. just the sync cable lol but wow plugged it in.. barely glanced at directions and fired away. Got these!

See... it is actually easy, isn't it?

This setup at least.. I didn't get crazy and go trigger route.. just the sync cable lol but wow plugged it in.. barely glanced at directions and fired away. Got these!

Great start.

I would really recommend getting a trigger. Not having to use a cable is really fantastic, especially when you have little ones running around.

I've been using the Alienbee\PCB Cyber Sync system for many years, but there are many options. Any radio trigger system will work.

I use AB's and love them. Solid construction and great customer service. Any radio trigger will fire them but the number of triggers that will allow you to adjust remotely is limited. You almost have to use either the wired unit or the cyber synch from PB.

I only bought it for product photography.. items too large for my box. If I end up using for other needs (like kids lol) then I would prob consider the trigger! For now its just all indoors in the office so a small space and works fine with the cable. :)

Two beautifully taken images, great smiles and glad it worked fine for you too.

Really nice simple shots. I particularly like number 2.

Studio lighting is easy, the internet just likes to make it sound complicated (like it does with everything photography related when it's really super simple)

I shot for about 20 years with a Paramount PC synchronization cable.....the same one, before I ever had a triggering system. There's nothing wrong with a PC cable connection, and there is a benefit: they are more-reliable than a trigger. Troubleshooting a flash-failed-to-fire issue with a PC cable is simple: cable not connected right! With some triggers, especially cheap Made in China poverty wizards, it can be a regal PITA to troubleshoot flash-failed-to-fire problems scenarios.

Welcome to the word of studio type flashes! The kids are getting big!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back