Texas Hay Bells, under the evening sun!

meynard2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do ya'll think? Just a couple of pictures of Texas hill county hay bells, near sunset.

Attachments

• 20200507-AL100572.jpg
    20200507-AL100572.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 20200507-AL100569.jpg
    20200507-AL100569.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 137
Actually, I would call those BALES.

Nice photography.

Round bales...lotta hay in each bale, very heavy.

Nice photography.
Thanks! I actually didn't know what they were called so went with lame mans term haha

Nice photography.
Thanks! I actually didn't know what they were called so went with lame mans term haha
That's o.k., many people don't know. There are several names for the stuff, like; large round, small round (going extinct), large square, small square, etc.

Keep'em coming, I love it!
Grass hay (usually for horses), alfalfa (dairy cows), 1/3 square (smaller size for ladies and children) loose (thrown up in a mound and covered) and what I call "feedlot hay" (old weathered hay not much good for anything else) and finally "haylage" (hay that has been purposefully intended to partially ferment).

Town I live in has one of the largest hay processing and shipping facilities in the world. A few years back a German company developed a hay baler that created huge rectangular bales. Commonly called "2,000 pound bales", the handling logistics have now made them almost extinct.

Most reactions

Back