Texas Rangers vs Astros ( Nelson Cruz Grand Slam )

Tailgunner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Bases loaded in the 2nd and Nelson Cruz knocks one out of the park! WOW...what a game!

I really wasn't expecting much out of my D3100 w/18-200 but I think they turned out decent.

The Stadium was packed, 44,232 Roaring Fans!

*Edited due to thieving Blogs and Nigerian content scraping forums.*

Last edited:
Man, last time I went to a Rangers game, Nolan Ryan was pitching - if that tells you how long it's been, lol!

Man, last time I went to a Rangers game, Nolan Ryan was pitching - if that tells you how long it's been, lol!

Oh man, that's been a few years but what a time!

Funny thing, I bought our son a Nolan Ryan autographed Baseball bat last night :D

Phew !! At least it was not against the Mariners. lol

Notice in the camera well on the first shot that the one guy completely missed it chimping, but he was shooting when they crossed the plate. It's all about timing and paying attention. ;)

Ohhh, and on Nolan Ryan, I was at this last game pitched at the Kingdome in Seattle when he had to leave the game with the injury that sealed the end of his career.

The little D3100 does pretty well,especially for the price point.IMO Nikon entry levels give a lot of bang for the buck. Great camera with the 18-55 to lug around for the day.

Phew !! At least it was not against the Mariners. lol

Notice in the camera well on the first shot that the one guy completely missed it chimping, but he was shooting when they crossed the plate. It's all about timing and paying attention. ;)

Ya, sports photography in my opinion is a whole lot about knowing the game and trying to predict what is going to happen. Bases was loaded and Nelson Cruz is a slugger...with a Grand Slam or two under his belt. There was no way I was taking my camera off him!

Got to love Arlington...can bring whatever camera you want. (The Stars are the same way in Dallas).....in Houston they are a$$hats about camera lens size.

Got to love Arlington...can bring whatever camera you want. (The Stars are the same way in Dallas).....in Houston they are a$$hats about camera lens size.

You got that right,

I double checke the rules first and anything goes as long as it doesn't bother others. I actually sat near an old timer with a Professional rig! I'm talking Professional body (D3/D4 or Cannon Equivalent), 300mm 2.8, and Monopod! You couldn't tell his gear from the Pros down on the field lol

It looked like this set p
Canon EF 300mm f/2.8 L IS USM Review [JuzaPhoto]

You got that right,

I double checke the rules first and anything goes as long as it doesn't bother others. I actually sat near an old timer with a Professional rig! I'm talking Professional body (D3/D4 or Cannon Equivalent), 300mm 2.8, and Monopod! You couldn't tell his gear from the Pros down on the field lol

I like going to Sugarland Skeeters games (minor league team in the suburb of. Houston)...small ballpark and they don't care what you bring for lens. I bring my 70-300 and I can get so close it is almost to much zoom :)

Wanting to head up to DFW for a game, just the 4 hr ride from Houston not appealing. ( when I drive 8-10hrs per day driving for a living.)

You got that right,

I like going to Sugarland Skeeters games (minor league team in the suburb of. Houston)...small ballpark and they don't care what you bring for lens. I bring my 70-300 and I can get so close it is almost to much zoom :)

Wanting to head up to DFW for a game, just the 4 hr ride from Houston not appealing. ( when I drive 8-10hrs per day driving for a living.)

Ya, I used to drive big trucks in the West Texas oil fields so I understand.

I don't do the oil fields, but I do haul chemicals all over the country. Pittsburgh today, Philly Sunday and Chicago for Monday afternoon.

Need to pay for my two expensive hobbies (travel/photography) somehow I guess. :)

I don't do the oil fields, but I do haul chemicals all over the country. Pittsburgh today, Philly Sunday and Chicago for Monday afternoon.

Need to pay for my two expensive hobbies (travel/photography) somehow I guess. :)

I had an easy job, hauled diesel and refueled Frack pumps. I spent most of my time sleeping and watching movies...all on the clock (most of which was overtime) :D

I had an easy job, hauled diesel and refueled Frack pumps. I spent most of my time sleeping and watching movies...all on the clock (most of which was overtime) :D
Easy money ...gotta love it, lol.

Easy money ...gotta love it, lol.

Ya, I thought my boss was BSing when he said bring a pillow and a cooler lol

Edited: Aw man, we must have ticked Houston off last night, their kicking our butts tonight.

Ya, I thought my boss was BSing when he said bring a pillow and a cooler lol

Edited: Aw man, we must have ticked Houston off last night, their kicking our butts tonight.

F the astros (and I live there). The only time i can watch them is when they play the Rangers, and that is on the Texas feed. All the games are blacked out on directv (in the houston area) even with the mlb package. Directv wont pay comcast's outrageous price so we get no astros or rockets games. Really doesnt bother me too much though as I am a Met fan. :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back