Is this right: All my pictures and text from TPF thread posted on blog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if they're automated someone's behind it, a computer doesn't initiate things on its own... (unless it's in a old sci-fi movie).

I recognized some of the thread titles, some were just posted on here in maybe the past week or two.

OP, don't know if it is right or wrong.

But great shots and lucky you for the honor!

But it's not an honor when someone takes photos (and conversations on here) and posts them as if it could be their own work... Whose work it's supposed to be I don't know, it has the watermark and at the bottom in small print it mentions TPF but you wouldn't know it belong to Tailgunner. It doesn't seem like it was used on that site with permission, and presumably they're making money from the ads using his photos as well as a lot of other threads taken from this site.

OP, don't know if it is right or wrong.

But great shots and lucky you for the honor!

:raisedbrow: The HONOR of having your photos stolen by bots and used to feed some scam site???? Seriously? If that's an honor, I'll pass, thank you very much.

I get the whole "put it on the internet and anyone could take it" thing. But still, these websites that are basically just phishing feed from TPF and using it to feed their scam sites...that is NOT. COOL.

Agree with this^^

If your really want to screw them up with the pictures,Since there taking them from flicker from what I see you can go make a small change to your photo for a different BBCode then upload the new one to flicker and delete the old one. They will have a bunch of broken links when your done.:lol: Then we would have to fix them on TPF as well and that would be a lot of work but it sure would F up there blog

Even if they're automated someone's behind it, a computer doesn't initiate things on its own... (unless it's in a old sci-fi movie).

I recognized some of the thread titles, some were just posted on here in maybe the past week or two.

Agreed,

I used to own my own Discussion forum and had my own RSS Bots feeding it information from other sites. My RSS Bots only posted a small excerpt and even a picture but they always included back links to the original site. My Bots all had "Bot" in the Sign on Name so my members new it was an automated account.

This Blog and Forum are both intentionally deleting all back links which is done by someone. This person then changes the user names.

Anyhow, I have spent time looking into the sites and they scrape all their content from other websites. Hopefully Goole will get enough complaints an shut them down.

I was cruising the net double checking my photos when I ran across a blog post that contains all my pictures and text from a TPF thread. All photos still retain their watermarks and the blog post does contain a thread link. I'm just curious as to what others think.

Thanks

Original TPF Thread:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...rangers-vs-astros-nelson-cruz-grand-slam.html

Blog Post:
Digital Photography: Texas Rangers vs Astros ( Nelson Cruz Grand Slam )

They have your name as "Picnic". WTF, where are they coming up with those names? Picnic, Bestos... pixmedic is now "Answers" LOL

Well I am maximemorand. I can be found in aisle 6 at rite aid pharmacy along with other feminine supplies:lmao:

Just for the record, this isn't the first time something like this has come up, see this TPF thread from about a year ago: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photographic-discussions/284873-someone-using-my-image.html

It's similar but not identical. That's one person linking TPF's RSS feed to their Twitter account but their not taking credit for the work. It's easy to see how this example mimics the above mentioned Blog but I've been dealing with Discussion forums, both being a member and ownership since the release of VB 1 and I have never seen a Discussion board compromised solely of stolen content, right down to the text in each post. So as far as I know, it's completely new.

example:

TPF Thread that was started today:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...35608-equipment-needed-macro-photography.html

Nigerian Theft Forum:

Equipment needed for macro photography?

Screen shot: every thread is stolen and reported, sometimes multiple times.

image_zps7d102b27.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, I do understand the difference. The only reason why I brought it up was because I noticed that alot of the people responding to this thread (including you) weren't here on TPF at the time of the older thread. Thought it might be good to know.

How do you know it's not an NSA mirror site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back