Thanksgiving in Corolla, NC (C&C is greatly appreciated)

GFreg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everybody. Finally got a chance to upload my Thanksgiving photos to my flickr page. Here are a few of my favorites. Hope you enjoy them too and thanks for any C&C.

4151363049_b71eaae8e6.jpg

4152118016_68535e6c09.jpg

4152118012_a1dbd98c3e.jpg

4151341405_429d1a22b4.jpg

4151341399_1a0a72000c.jpg

#1: Wonderful exposure, yet don't like the shadow cast by subject not included in the photo.

#2: Only way to improve it is to show levy and ocean in the frame versus houses?

#3: Where's his legs? Good shot, but the feel is that he's waiting for the dog to poop (i.e. the man is standing still). Excellent exposure & framing otherwise.

#4: Wonderful shot!! :)

#5: Good shot, maybe try a fill-in flash (pop-up or small strobe) for future shots and crop left frame a tad for this one?

#1: Wonderful exposure, yet don't like the shadow cast by subject not included in the photo. Thanks! I didn't even notice the shadow at first. I guess I will have to pay more attention.

#3: Where's his legs? Good shot, but the feel is that he's waiting for the dog to poop (i.e. the man is standing still). Excellent exposure & framing otherwise. I think he was just waiting there anyway (not waiting for the dog to poop) but just standing. I know that cutting off body parts in portraits is a big no no. Maybe a little farther back and a bit wider to get his legs in there. Again, have to pay more attention.

#4: Wonderful shot!! :) Thanks! My personal favorite. :D

#5: Good shot, maybe try a fill-in flash (pop-up or small strobe) for future shots and crop left frame a tad for this one? This one is the only picture that I didn't expect to capture. My Aunt doesn't really like getting her picture taken so when I turned around and caught her I had to snap it. I had to adjust the exposure way more than I would have like in Lightroom but I had to capture that expression. I will probably go ahead and crop it a bit like you suggested. Would have loved to have even my pop-up flash for this shot but I really need to invest in something decent for my D40.

Thanks for the C&C and glad you liked them, Rancer.

I think #5 could easily be turned into a very nice portrait of your Aunt. The lighting is nice and the feeling is intimate and spontaneous. I would crop out everything but her, making it a vertical portrait tho I would leave in the upper portion so those rafters dont turn into odd protrusions close to her head. Then I would use the exposure and/or fill light sliders in Lightroom to lighten her up. That might help to give you a memorable portrait of Auntie. Hope this helps

Most reactions

Back