thanksgiving . whats that all about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I'm sorry I don't care what day canada has their thanksgiving.

Points for crude remarks about thanksgiving.

I think I saw all the crude remarks about America, and Thanksgiving.

Spare me your patriotic sympathies. It takes a bona-fide Ann Coulter to interpret a clearly lighthearted thread about the traditions of a nation and turn it into a veritable attack on that nation. Forgive me if I'm wrong when I say that smiley faces, remarks about otters and the alleged lack of knowledge from other countries' citizens is not actually a spiteful, rage-driven attack on an institution America (and indeed Canada, though to a lesser extent) holds dear. I make no judgment of your intelligence, but I like to think even a winking otter from the south seas can make the distinction between an attack and a joke.

If dressing up a penguin in a pilgrim's hat and worshiping the happy feet it stands on counts as some kind of treason or anti-American propaganda, then I think you can consider anybody who enjoys a lighter side of life a treasonous communist. Just remind me of that in six month's time when I'm putting up my festivus pole.

I also know I'm not the only one that found it rude and upsetting.

I await your legions of doom with baited breath and buckled shoes.

Just to clear things up. I was joking...
We celebrate Thanksgiving before you...that's the only thing I said...lol.
Now calling Americans slow...
Ok ok...I'm joking still.

Sorry if I came off wrong, though I'm sure you didn't mean my post.

We have pretty much the exact same tradition of thanksgiving as you...but I find that here(in my part of ontario), it is pretty religious based...I'm not sure about over there...probably different for each state/region.

Anyways. Hope you weren't upset at me being funny...I know I go far sometimes...but I do not feel as if this was one of them.

this is nothing! you should have seen the abuse us Brits had to put up with from some people on this forum back in March on our God Save The Queen Day. It was hurrendous! :grumpy:

If you eat turkey at thanksgiving what do you eat at christmas?

More turkey.

I just mess everyone up and request Ham for both...lol.

Then there's the nice Polish ladies that make perogies at a local church that are just awesome...so we buy those as well...which makes no sense...

Yeah, Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners are about the same for my friends and family. At Christmas, I meet my family early in the morning, and have a traditional breakfast too, where as thanksgiving is usually just a late lunch or dinner

And we still eat Ott-a-Guin during our 6 weeks of thanksgiving. :)

Fun aside, I give thanks for each sunrise I see. 15 years ago I didn't think that would ever happen again. Each day longer on this great earth is a day to celebrate and give thanks for.

Spare me your patriotic sympathies. It takes a bona-fide Ann Coulter to interpret a clearly lighthearted thread about the traditions of a nation and turn it into a veritable attack on that nation. Forgive me if I'm wrong when I say that smiley faces, remarks about otters and the alleged lack of knowledge from other countries' citizens is not actually a spiteful, rage-driven attack on an institution America (and indeed Canada, though to a lesser extent) holds dear. I make no judgment of your intelligence, but I like to think even a winking otter from the south seas can make the distinction between an attack and a joke.

Funny, you think she over analyzed the conversation. I think you over analyzed your response. I particularly like the Ann Coulter reference. :er:

I do think she over-analyzed the conversation, and I think you might have over-read my response as something more than a way of saying "lighten up". But, who am I to judge - I'm not aware of the sanctity of thanksgiving from an American perspective, and apparently lack the providence to take life a little less seriously.

I didn't over read it. I merely skimmed it. That was more than enough to understand the point you were trying to get across.

I'm not taking sides, nor was I offended by anything said. Imagine that, an "American" (although I prefer Human) with the providence to take life a little less seriously

Well, I'm glad to know that most people can look at something and take it for what its worth, however they come across afterwards.

Well, I'm glad to know that most people can look at something and take it for what its worth, however they come across afterwards.

lol, cheers brother *pops the top off my last Sam Adams Boston Lager ;)

I love how everyone complains about my comments and threads w/o a care but the first time I openly complain about a thread I get a bunch of crap

I love how everyone complains about my comments and threads w/o a care but the first time I openly complain about a thread I get a bunch of crap

I'm not giving you any crap. I was just pointing out that I completely understand your point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back