What's new

The action shot I did not completely get

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jun 28, 2008
Messages
6,631
Reaction score
2,588
Location
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
More practice is needed.


P1030438sm.jpg
 
Still a neat shot, tho! I just wish those other people were standing a few feet more to the right.
 
When you get into action shots, you start to accumulate some of those...hehe.

I agree, its still a fun shot.
 
Ouch, when her feet hit the concrete :confused: Cool shot!!!
 
Crazy shot, even with the feet cut off!
 
So close! Still really cool - was it a standing backflip?
 
Ouch, when her feet hit the concrete :confused: Cool shot!!!

"Feet"?

This one makes ME think "Ouch, when her HEAD hits the concrete!" ;)

What was she doing, Ron. Why was she flipping over like this? Was there something soft under her, on the concrete?

And hey, you're a nature photographer. People are very new, action even newer, that given, this isn't so bad, at all!
 
Thanks guys.

My crop makes it look like she is over pavement but she is not. This was the third flip in her travel down the mats. Here is two frames earlier as shot using Helios 58/2 Russian lens.


P1030436sm.jpg



I was really impressed with what these young country/small town girls could do.
 
Thanks for letting us see the context photo. That explains quite much here!
 
Why not vertical?

I must not understand your question, I cropped to portrait (vertical). I could not shoot shoot portrait with the camera in my state of development. I am lucky to keep the subject in frame in landscape. I am a total beginner with action shots.
 
I like the second one that shows what she is doing. The first one made me scratch my head pondering what she could be doing upside down.
 
I like the first one. Sure it would be nice if the feet were not cut off but cool shot and It looks good with the mats cut out. The second looks like a handstand.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom