The Anna Karenina Prinicle

a lot of missed focus and blown highlights!
I think it's important to be able to look at a photograph from a different perspective than that of a photographer. I think this could even have a great benefit to one's own work, otherwise this obsession with technical perfection will be a distraction from being able to capture or see something that is truly brilliant.

We were at the zoo one day and kept running into this obviously single daddy and his little girl. She was always asking daddy to take her picture and he was trying to explain to her that, if he kept taking her picture, they wouldn't have any left for the animals. The last time we met them, my husband was looking on the zoo map to see where we needed to go next and little girls daddy was doing the same, as she munched on her snack. I looked at her and said "Can I take your picture?" and this was her immediate reaction.

a lot of missed focus and blown highlights!
I think it's important to be able to look at a photograph from a different perspective than that of a photographer. I think this could even have a great benefit to one's own work, otherwise this obsession with technical perfection will be a distraction from being able to capture or see something that is truly brilliant.

Yes, that reply reminded me why I usually stay in the Just for Fun forum.

Braineack comment was, I think, facetious because that was his own picture.
My guess was that he was pointing out that technical issues disappear when the picture is meaningful

Braineack comment was, I think, facetious because that was his own picture.
My guess was that he was pointing out that technical issues disappear when the picture is meaningful
As only a true Braineack could!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back