kellykrew6

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello to all,

I am new to this forum, and have enjoyed photography for about 10 years as a

hobby.

Untill now I have been using a Cannon EOS rebel and a Minolta x700 with many different

lens configurations. (yea I know antiques) Which is why Im here.

I am about to jump into the digital era....... My question is what would be the best

digital slr camera to start with? I do not want to have to buy another camera in 6

months but I also do not want to spend $10,000.00 either.

I would like to stay under the $3000.00 range for a kit. body, lenses, bag, etc...

Am I being unreasonable?

Thank You for your input.

I'd probably recommend a 60d, over a 7d, could pick up 2 more lenses with the difference... or a lens and 2 flashes... I'm probably also a little biased ;) also, if you've got nice old glass, you can probably adapt it to fit the new body, usually this means manual focus and aperture... but good glass is good glass!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just 2 "n's", not 3 - Canon.

Yes, research by proxy seems kind of unreasonable.

You don't mention what kind of photography you like to do.

Canon has made many, many EOS Rebels over the years. They even make digital EOS Rebels and are currently offering 6 different digital EOS Rebels: Canon U.S.A. : Consumer & Home Office : Digital SLR Cameras and that doesn't include all the discontinued digital EOS Rebels.

The lenses you currently have for which ever EOS Rebel it is you have, will work on the current digital EOS Rebels.

There would be no one best, in any event.

o hey that's the best yo! lmao!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back