The Blimp

True story. My father & I were on top of a combine in the middle of a large open field making repairs when someone said "Hello". Looked over the edge at the ground no one there? Started working again and the voice said "you aren't very friendly". That's when we looked up to see the Goodyear Blimp hovering above us. He was in route to St Louis, when the pilot decided to have some fun with a couple farmers. Ended up talking for several mins before they resumed their travel.

True story. My father & I were on top of a combine in the middle of a large open field making repairs when someone said "Hello". Looked over the edge at the ground no one there? Started working again and the voice said "you aren't very friendly". That's when we looked up to see the Goodyear Blimp hovering above us. He was in route to St Louis, when the pilot decided to have some fun with a couple farmers. Ended up talking for several mins before they resumed their travel.
Regular visitors to the skies over Phx when I was a kid. The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. ran an aircraft division in(surprise!)Goodyear, AZ outside Phx on farmlands bought up early in the 'Teens when cotton was a key component of all tires.

Regular visitors to the skies over Phx when I was a kid.
These guys were in no hurry, just barely above the tree line. We were on top of the machine and with it idling, they were able to slip up on us easily.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back