TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello i am new...
Dont know what im doing!
4475968279_c5ab0f021e.jpg

p3300002 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I'm not going to pretend to you that the photo is anything special, because it's not. It seems to be a very quick snapshot with no great thought behind its taking. As a couple of things to consider then with the shot:

1. There's no clearly defined subject here (is it Bob or the kitchen?)
2. Assuming the subject is Bob, then the background is very cluttered and distracting.
3. Bob is very awkwardly posed and doesn't really look comfortable with being photographed.
4. You've cut a number of limbs off with the framing and in general, crops that happen to be through joints (knees in this case) don't look too good.
5. In general, the built in flash capabilities of cameras do not provide good results - use in desperation only

As it happens, I don't think too much of my own portrait stuff, but the only way to improve is to keep practising. Try studying the portrait photography of others and see if you can identify the key elements of what makes theirs work, then see if you can incorporate that into what you are doing. See if you can get yourself into the mindset of thinking what you want to show people with your photography and work towards achieving that.

More than any of the above though, keep working at it, keep posting for comment, take the best of the comments offered and ignore the rest.

Okay so you arent Bob? You are Otto? Am I catching on here? Who is Bob?

The subject is realy the Seahorse aka the "Fringe Seahorse" i snapped the photo as part of bob trying to land a part in the casting of the fox network TV show "Fringe" that just started casting for there 3ed season... He did not get the part.. The "Fringe Seahorse" is next to the label that saids "waters"..... He did not get the part. BTW.. It was just a "Freak of the week" part anyways...

And Bob is just a series you've created? (I checked out your Flickr and its all of Bob so I can only assume)

And Bob is just a series you've created? (I checked out your Flickr and its all of Bob so I can only assume)

I dont like takeing photos of myself.
Bob is a buddy... He said i could take photos of him... I dont know alot of people...
I have tryed lots of weard tipes of photo takeing even played around with takeing photos off of security cameras for video surveillance and CCTV systems that we set up in bob's apertment. It was fun give a neat look. Bob even tock some photos of himself allso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back