The Bored Photographer Chronicles...

The martini is awesome!

Also, whatever that plexiglass cube is - looks really handy. I've realized that I don't have anything with a nice clear bottom like that. My oil and water pictures all have a "Pyrex" watermark.

You can use a small corner of the dish and avoid the logo. All my glass dishes are Pyrex so I have worked around that issue.

I have been playing with time lapse
I posted the first attempt in the coffee house.
The set up is getting easier but it’s the time to get the sequence and the editing is huge
For a decent frame rate of 25Hz 6 hours of camera time is only 3 seconds of video.
Half expecting the camera to wave a white flag.

The chronicles continue... water drops combined with dark field lighting using my 'Salvador Dali' martini glass.

Water_Drop_Martini_DSC1776_WEB.jpg

Very cool capture.
Thank-you! :)

The chronicles continue... water drops combined with dark field lighting using my 'Salvador Dali' martini glass.

Water_Drop_Martini_DSC1776_WEB.jpg
Great image. My favorite Dali quote: “ The difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad.”
Thanks - I'd like to see his evidence supporting that contention.

The martini is awesome!

Also, whatever that plexiglass cube is - looks really handy. I've realized that I don't have anything with a nice clear bottom like that. My oil and water pictures all have a "Pyrex" watermark.
Most of my oil and water images were shot using a small glass salsa jar, about 3" tall and 2 3/4" in diameter.

@tirediron that's just downright GOOD! Nominated for POTM
Thank-you, sir, and THANK-YOU!

The martini is awesome!

You can use a small corner of the dish and avoid the logo. All my glass dishes are Pyrex so I have worked around that issue.
That works!

I have been playing with time lapse
I posted the first attempt in the coffee house.
The set up is getting easier but it’s the time to get the sequence and the editing is huge
For a decent frame rate of 25Hz 6 hours of camera time is only 3 seconds of video.
Half expecting the camera to wave a white flag.
:lol:

Post 27
Such a neat image
Thanks!

Like the dark field treatment for this "still" life setup. THE SPLASH functions as the proverbial cherry on top.

Yeah, that's a belter. Great light on it!
Thanks Pete!

Like the dark field treatment for this "still" life setup. THE SPLASH functions as the proverbial cherry on top.
Thanks Derrel - I need to dial it a little better, but it's a good start!

Decided to go for a high key look this time...

SPLASH_DSC2433_WEB.jpg

SPLASH_DSC2434_WEB.jpg

These are still "prototype" images, with a bit of work and refinement yet to go. A cople of questions:
SPLASH_DSC2434_WEBAA.jpg

1. Is the reflection (between the green lines) acceptable, or should I flag it?

2. I'm trying to decide if the droplets on the rim are a pro or a con; I'm thinking con, but not totally sure.

3. Compositionally, how does this work without the stem of the glass in the image?

I think the reflection adds some Dimension to the glass. I do not mind the two droplets on the rim of the glass.

Most reactions

Back