The Budding Photog - My Daughter's First Pics

JonK

I want MORE!!
Reaction score
Website
www.jonkilimnikphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took my 11 yr' old shooting with me last weekend.

It was her first shoot with the SLR. I basically set the controls and left the compos up to her.

These are a few she came up with....no cropping here; jus a bit of levels/contrast adjustment.

Hope you like em :D

1 -
_MG_4602.jpg

2 -
_MG_4636.jpg

3 -
_MG_4653.jpg

4 -
_MG_4657.jpg

5 -
_MG_4673.jpg

6 -
_MG_4676.jpg

that's her in the window of pic #2 here : http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48693

Wow! These are great!!!!! I like them all but 2, 3 and 6 are my fave's. You’re teaching her well she has an eye like her dad!
Great work :thumbsup:

She has seen lots of your photos before, hasn't she?
I see your style in her approach ;).
Very good teacher --- very good student! I can see that!
Should I let my 13 year old use my DSLR? :scratch:
Dunno.......................!?

She most definitely has the eye for photography! I do believe it is time to starting planning for the 12th birthday list. #s 2,4 and 6 are my favourites of the bunch.

Thanks you guys :D I'll have her take a look at this thread today....and lafoto...let her use it! I even let my 7 yr. shoot with my Rebel XT ;)

Wow...you taught her well Jon. Excellent work on these.
When are you gonna teach her the tilt?:)

she's done a great job jon.... some of her dads traits showing through.... the treelines.... the tilts!.... she's gonna be awesome :thumbsup:

Oh my, she really does have an eye for photography, doesn't she? You musta been so proud when you saw her pictures! Great job! (I remember the shots I took when I was 11 ... little tiny people in the very centre of the photo.)

Wonderful work! :) She already has a very good eye for composition.

I hope she sticks with it! :thumbup:

thanks all :D

ah the tilt...yes...well....these things take time ;) all in good time...first she must master the basics then I will let her in on the secrets of my success :lol:
riiiiight...what a load of hooey! looks like she's doin jus fine on her own :D

oh boy! shes done brilliant for her first time out shooting! :D :D :D
they're all really good... can already see her working that 'tilt'
good job girlie :D :D :D

It's both amusing and entertaining to see an 11yo take pictures which put many adults to shame!! Good genes Jon - tell her they're really very good indeed, for an accomplished photographer, let alone a beginner!

Rob

Most reactions

Back