The Calm after the Storm - C&C Please

jackiex_x

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi

Went for a walk earlier to asses the storm damage (we had strong winds last
night) took a couple of shots while I was out, what do you think?

IMG_2315.jpg

IMG_2311.jpg

#1 I like that the large tree is obviously the main subject... it is well backlit while the other smaller trees are not. Still, it's a bit too busy for me. I don't like that the large tree is meshing with the other trees at it's edges. Also, the top is clipped.

#2 At first glance, I was thinking "so what". But after some inspection, it appears to be carefully composed. I love that the green of the trash can matches the green of the wall behind, and then the next panel the green paint is stripping revealing a brown wooden color/texture, then a contrasting cinder block texture and color, then an attractive deep brown wooden door, then a block of more cinder, then a brilliant cinder orange. Each area of the wall is a different "feast for the eyes" and the linear perspective keeps my eyes running back and forth across it. The reflection on the ground adds further interest as it partially repeats this pattern.

What I don't like is the area past the wall. My eye is lead in that direction, but when I explore back there, I am not rewarded. My recommendation is the following crop. And I also recommend not using a large and contrasty signature for many different reasons. #1 is it's very distracting. Here's my take... I only changed the crop....

IMG_2311.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back