The Clean Room C&C

IronMaskDuval

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got a set of strobes in, and I decided to victimize my son. Have a look and please offer C&C on lighting and post.

Thanks!

ADSt.jpg

Was this the look you were going for? I ask because while I personally would have added more light to his face, and maybe a catch light in the eye--- the look of this photo is striking and I do like it a lot. So while its not the way I would have done it, I think the results are solid.

Was this the look you were going for? I ask because while I personally would have added more light to his face, and maybe a catch light in the eye--- the look of this photo is striking and I do like it a lot. So while its not the way I would have done it, I think the results are solid.

Thank you for the feedback. I was going for that video game esque/ Resident Evil clean room look. I didn't want to directly light his face, and I didn't want a silhouette. I actually placed the strobes behind him.

I was going for that video game esque/ Resident Evil clean room look. I didn't want to directly light his face, ahd I didn't want a silhouette. I actually placed the strobes behind him.
Then I think you got it right. I've not seen Resident Evil or played the game... but I thought this had a very cinematic look to it. Its an interesting style and I like it a lot.

I was going for that video game esque/ Resident Evil clean room look. I didn't want to directly light his face, ahd I didn't want a silhouette. I actually placed the strobes behind him.
Then I think you got it right. I've not seen Resident Evil or played the game... but I thought this had a very cinematic look to it. Its an interesting style and I like it a lot.
Thanks! I think it's great you used cinematic. I've been messing around with different color grading techniques to get that cinematic "look."

Ooh! Ooh! Badger lighting, right? Did I get it right? Like the one here: https://i.imgur.com/2einxVi.jpg

I like the idea, I just wish it was a little more dramatic. When I think cinematic, I think gelled lights. His skin seems to have that slight color of red highlights and blue shadows, but I think if it was more dramatic it would look intentional.

Ooh! Ooh! Badger lighting, right? Did I get it right? Like the one here: https://i.imgur.com/2einxVi.jpg

I like the idea, I just wish it was a little more dramatic. When I think cinematic, I think gelled lights. His skin seems to have that slight color of red highlights and blue shadows, but I think if it was more dramatic it would look intentional.

This???

badger lighting.jpg

Badgers?

We don't need no stinking badgers!

very cinematic looking. awesome background. reminds me of the tone used in a sub-genre of modern sci-fi movies like the Resident Evil series, as another poster mentioned.

my critique would be that the framing of black bars across the top and bottom make it look almost like a netflix screen shot. if that's the look you were going for, word. otherwise, the internet is flooded with kids posting reasonable-res screen grabs of their favorite movie scenes, and this feels a lot like that.

very cinematic looking. awesome background. reminds me of the tone used in a sub-genre of modern sci-fi movies like the Resident Evil series, as another poster mentioned.

my critique would be that the framing of black bars across the top and bottom make it look almost like a netflix screen shot. if that's the look you were going for, word. otherwise, the internet is flooded with kids posting reasonable-res screen grabs of their favorite movie scenes, and this feels a lot like that.

I was going for the wide screen, cinematic look, so the black bars were intentional. Thanks for the feedback!

Most reactions

Back