What's new

The Coffee House

Firstly, why were you shooting at f/6?
I get ya, but on a Christmas parade you kind of what people actually visible it wasn't really a drama kind of thing..
Now you're making an excuse why not ... when you should be thinking of what you can do next time to make it work ... to make it happen. Remember, lemonade is pretty good stuff.

You did shoot 104 images ... so I'll give you credit for trying. When I was starting out ... can't even imagine how many hundreds or thousands of rolls were tossed. Even when I was on my game my keeper rate was around 1:36.

Gary
I was looking through them they all sucked pretty much.. About three hundred feet down was both a nice street lamp and a nice lit up sign, kind of like sashbar mentioned. That is where I SHOULD have stood and probably stayed right there. would have been shooting over peoples heads more as it was more crowded but probably ended up with more keepers. should have just brought the 50 mm too. Bringing out the lens i did was stupid.
 
Firstly, why were you shooting at f/6?
I get ya, but on a Christmas parade you kind of what people actually visible it wasn't really a drama kind of thing..
Now you're making an excuse why not ... when you should be thinking of what you can do next time to make it work ... to make it happen. Remember, lemonade is pretty good stuff.

You did shoot 104 images ... so I'll give you credit for trying. When I was starting out ... can't even imagine how many hundreds or thousands of rolls were tossed. Even when I was on my game my keeper rate was around 1:36.

Gary
I was looking through them they all sucked pretty much.. About three hundred feet down was both a nice street lamp and a nice lit up sign, kind of like sashbar mentioned. That is where I SHOULD have stood and probably stayed right there. would have been shooting over peoples heads more as it was more crowded but probably ended up with more keepers. should have just brought the 50 mm too. Bringing out the lens i did was stupid.
Often, it is good to bring a selection of lenses because you just don't know. That's why camera bags were invented. It's only stupid if you do it a second time.
 
PS- Your town looks very quaint. It's cool that all those people faced the cold for the parade. I like that ... your people have grit. (70F here today.)
 
Last edited:
PS- Your town look very quaint. It's cool that all those people faced the cold for the parade. I like that ... your people have grit. (70F here today.)
yeah It was fairly cold. maybe 18 degrees or so? Ended up dropping down to 10 degrees over night. BRI_8920.webp
 
Last edited:
My friend Tom, is coming over to BBQ some Korean ribs. His mother makes them and they are delish.
 
It was mid 30s today.

In other news, I sold a print at the craft show today. Finally... grr. Been doing this too long to not make money at it, but still WAY behind.
 
It was mid 30s today.

In other news, I sold a print at the craft show today. Finally... grr. Been doing this too long to not make money at it, but still WAY behind.
yeah.. seems like this is one of the weird kind of hobbies where either you choose to go big (pro) and make a swing at a home run or go home ( broke) and accept you will have some nice photos of your kids that will cost you dearly.
 
I'm ahead on photography as a whole, but broke for the craft fair circuit.
 
I'm ahead on photography as a whole, but broke for the craft fair circuit.
I just haven't done them. Don't want to buy or make frames or spend the dough out. Plus when I read them they have these "meet the artist" type things and I really dread the thought of meeting people who are looking at my work. I really am just not a people person. Kind of like when they want to fill out the "about the artist" section, and I really just don't want to tell people about me. Kind of like none of your business don't talk to me kind of guy which doesn't go over well. I could have stuff exhibited over the summer, never did. Didn't want to put up for frames. They had a contest show thing to I backed out of, didn't want to play the meet the artist entire thing. I was fine until I read about that..
 
well. that and pricing work. I felt like saying I was going to price my three for the juried show at a hundred each but if I have to talk to them I want 500 each.
 
I have too talk to them and fill out the "about the artist" section they don't have enough money.
 
I can't stand people. This is why I shoot commercial stuff. It doesn't move on its own and it doesn't complain when you get it all contorted.
 
I can't stand people. This is why I shoot commercial stuff. It doesn't move on its own and it doesn't complain when you get it all contorted.

Yeah, but what do you mean by "commercial" stuff? Do you mean PRODUCT photography? Because my best friend is a commercial photographer and all he does is shoot people all day long, haha...
 
Also, yes... I'm jumping into the middle of a conversation without reading the whole context. I'm bored... but I'm also lazy. :lol:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom