What's new

The Coffee House

product photography would be great unfortunately I don't know it, and I am guessing there is a lot of competition to do and may be hard to me money in it?
 
Also, yes... I'm jumping into the middle of a conversation without reading the whole context. I'm bored... but I'm also lazy. :lol:

Really no reason to read. It's almost a requirement to just jump in without reading in the Coffee House! ;)
 
I have zero interest in trying to monetize photography. I might try to hang photos in a small gallery somewhere, or in one of the many cafes in artsy towns around here that often hang art for sale for people to peruse while eating, but otherwise, I'm fine keeping it a hobby. But if I had to go commercial, I would do product photography rather than portraits or weddings. There's no way I would be able to put up with the people.
 
I have zero interest in trying to monetize photography. I might try to hang photos in a small gallery somewhere, or in one of the many cafes in artsy towns around here that often hang art for sale for people to peruse while eating, but otherwise, I'm fine keeping it a hobby. But if I had to go commercial, I would do product photography rather than portraits or weddings. There's no way I would be able to put up with the people.
I think I'm with you on this. No way I want a business. :-)
 
I have zero interest in trying to monetize photography. I might try to hang photos in a small gallery somewhere, or in one of the many cafes in artsy towns around here that often hang art for sale for people to peruse while eating, but otherwise, I'm fine keeping it a hobby. But if I had to go commercial, I would do product photography rather than portraits or weddings. There's no way I would be able to put up with the people.
I think I'm with you on this. No way I want a business. :)
I do I just don't think I want it to be photography. suppose if I get REALLY DESPERATE maybe. kind of like when I did wholesale, I didn't mind it. Retail, freakn hated it. Higher margins but less through put so you really didn't make more just dealt with more azzholes. Photography seems kind of like that with senior portraits or baby portraits or all that type of stuff. just more people to deal with. I loved selling by large quantity with low markup. I hated high markup retail small quantity but a chit load of customers.. Kind of a deal by the tractor trailer load kind of guy with just a few people and bigger checks.
 
I got it. Yes, I do have a business that is pretty much part time now and that is consulting. I do electronics engineering and do work when it comes up. I'm currently testing some circuit boards I designed over 10 years ago for a local company. This I don't mind. It's just photography would be a bad business for me. Ruin the fun.
 
I got it. Yes, I do have a business that is pretty much part time now and that is consulting. I do electronics engineering and do work when it comes up. I'm currently testing some circuit boards I designed over 10 years ago for a local company. This I don't mind. It's just photography would be a bad business for me. Ruin the fun.
well you are more educated than me. we jus wholesaled building supplies to retailers. which I was mostly the purchaser and check collector. Then one day my partner decides since we have a office on a main street anyway we should start doing retail and take walk ins from regular consumers. The only time I was happy about that idea was on REALLY REALLY DULL DAYS when things were totally dead. The rest of the time I would dread when someone walked in the door. And sometimes it worked out if they ordered something because we could finish filling a semi order to the truck on the road full. Other times it was HUGE FREAKN HEADACHE because they were retail, they wanted delivery, they wanted a certain date they couldn't store it. blah blah blah. "my wife likes this one....." it would be only a two k order and they call over and over, compare shop, bring a spouse to look. they drove me freakn bananas!!!!! Then I would get "well, can you deal with my contractor?" "HELL YES!!! please, go home. don't EVER come back. and send your contractor!!!"
 
Guys I need to quit my f***ing job.

I'm going to flip tables. It keeps getting in the way of my scheduling sh*t.

Ugh.
 
Guys I need to quit my f***ing job.

I'm going to flip tables. It keeps getting in the way of my scheduling sh*t.

Ugh.
so quit if you can afford it..
 
Guys I need to quit my f***ing job.

I'm going to flip tables. It keeps getting in the way of my scheduling sh*t.

Ugh.
so quit if you can afford it..

That's the catch.

I can't afford to quit my full-time job, because I need to pay my rent.

I'm having trouble scheduling the things I need to schedule, in order to make more money, so I *can* quit my full time job... because I have a full time job.

I'm gonna cut someone.
 
Guys I need to quit my f***ing job.

I'm going to flip tables. It keeps getting in the way of my scheduling sh*t.

Ugh.
so quit if you can afford it..

That's the catch.

I can't afford to quit my full-time job, because I need to pay my rent.

I'm having trouble scheduling the things I need to schedule, in order to make more money, so I *can* quit my full time job... because I have a full time job.

I'm gonna cut someone.
what is your full time job?
 
Guys I need to quit my f***ing job.

I'm going to flip tables. It keeps getting in the way of my scheduling sh*t.

Ugh.
so quit if you can afford it..

That's the catch.

I can't afford to quit my full-time job, because I need to pay my rent.

I'm having trouble scheduling the things I need to schedule, in order to make more money, so I *can* quit my full time job... because I have a full time job.

I'm gonna cut someone.
what is your full time job?

I work for Apple.

You wanna know the f***ing retarded part?

I had been trying to get full time ALLLLLL YEAR.

And I interviewed one last time, and by the time I interviewed, I just didn't give a sh*t anymore, and didn't even really want to get it, but I did it, because I knew we needed the money, and then... I got it. And THAT'S when all my shoots picked up.

I got full time... I got more shoots... and I'm at this REALLY awkward in between phase, where part time is not quite enough... but full time is too much.

I need semi-full time hours to balance things out.

I'm just trying to push a little harder to be able to drop down to part time to give myself more breathing room before I just outright quit... but it's hard making that happen when there's literally no time.

I'm so frustrated.

like really, really, really f***ing frustrated.

RAWR.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom