What's new

The Coffee House

I taught my class, went to the holiday party at the tutoring center where I have my admin job, then dropped off 5 rolls of color film that need developed. Came home, had some tea (Harney and Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice - yum!), and had dinner with my boyfriend. Then we watched an episode of Mystery Science Theatre 3000. "The Day the Earth Froze." Oh.My.God. SO BAD!!! And so funny.
 
In the early morning I took Cook for a two mile walk, took care of some business via email and arrived late to my PhotoShop class. Conducted some more business via telephone as I drove south to my camera store in Orange County. At the camera store I picked up a new lens for my X series Fuji's, a Fujinon 50-140 f/2.8 and some film for the GX680III. Hopefully the backs will arrive soon. Then I rushed back to Cerritos to attend a Christmas party for Mary Lou's school. We were planning to hit a Silver Oak (one of my favorites) wine tasting party in Brea, but her school party lasted too long. So now I'm home and starting my own wine tasting with Mary Lou and the Cook.
 
Last edited:
I hit my camera store and picked up a new lens for my X series Fuji's. A Fujinon 50-140 f/2.8 and some film for the GX680III. Hopefully the backs will arrive soon.

I hope they come soon too. Can't wait to see some of your shots with that beast! :D
 
You two are too funny ... I still need to pick a scanner. I hauled the beast, (GX 680III), into the camera store. It was a hit with the staff and the customers. So far 11,496 steps today. I deserve this Bridalwood that I'm sipping.
 
Last edited:
I am totally stoked about receiving the 50-140 f/2.8. This focal length (70-200 FF) was easily my most used lens for my 1D's. I have the Fuji 55-200 but at f/3.5-4.8 it's pretty slow. My photography will definitely improve with this new lens.
 
Morning, Hosers!

Going to do a little shopping with my sister this morning, then lunch,then pick up my film. I have to grade some papers today, too :apologetic: And get on the bike. Yesterday turned out to be a bit hectic so I didn't ride, but I'll make up for that today. Got $17 in the jar and 175 miles on the odometer!
 
Did some "un-plumbing". I'm removing some of the old cast iron drains to make way for the new plastic pipe.

Here is a piece of the cast iron that had to come out.

DSC_0003 - Version 2.webp
 
Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. 57F right now, still early. The temp should hit 70F today. Sumatra again. On my todo list are mowing, vacuuming, maybe starting digging the hole for the skimmer. Mary Lou's granddaughter is coming over at 10:00 a.m. to help putting up the tree. I have a couple hundred images I need to finish processing for a school play I shot a week or so ago. Hopefully my backs arrive.
 
Did some "un-plumbing". I'm removing some of the old cast iron drains to make way for the new plastic pipe.

Here is a piece of the cast iron that had to come out.

View attachment 90789
A bit of plumbing engineering went into that design.That's gotta weigh a ton. Whatcha doing ... adding a room ... upgrading some stuff?
 
Last edited:
It's all heavy. I carted that chunk down the stairs on the two-wheeler.

Remodeling an existing bathroom on the second floor. I realize that C.I. is quieter, but nobody installs it anymore, so plastic it is then.

That cast iron was down when the house was built, somewhere around 1900, and then somebody did some remodeling around 1965 or so and adapted quite a bit of it to copper, including the drains.
 
I have worked on some old houses and find them interesting. Life was sure different back then. :-)
 
For Leonore - This was for sale on ebay. Might be the answer to those pesky headaches. :-)
27003-1417882201-0bed92909ed3cbd504dc731b3ec79bff.jpg
27004-1417882201-6a669f992cfd8a2591be3ba89f70a960.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom