What's new

The Coffee House

Guys I need to quit my f***ing job.

I'm going to flip tables. It keeps getting in the way of my scheduling sh*t.

Ugh.
so quit if you can afford it..

That's the catch.

I can't afford to quit my full-time job, because I need to pay my rent.

I'm having trouble scheduling the things I need to schedule, in order to make more money, so I *can* quit my full time job... because I have a full time job.

I'm gonna cut someone.
what is your full time job?

I work for Apple.

You wanna know the f***ing retarded part?

I had been trying to get full time ALLLLLL YEAR.

And I interviewed one last time, and by the time I interviewed, I just didn't give a sh*t anymore, and didn't even really want to get it, but I did it, because I knew we needed the money, and then... I got it. And THAT'S when all my shoots picked up.

I got full time... I got more shoots... and I'm at this REALLY awkward in between phase, where part time is not quite enough... but full time is too much.

I need semi-full time hours to balance things out.

I'm just trying to push a little harder to be able to drop down to part time to give myself more breathing room before I just outright quit... but it's hard making that happen when there's literally no time.

I'm so frustrated.

like really, really, really f***ing frustrated.

RAWR.
apple sounds like a pretty good job with more prospects honestly. I don't know your situation or your boyfriend/husband employment status but the majority of photographers I know are women, with no money, who primarily live on their husbands support and do photography as a business that doesn't pay much but gives the hours they want to work around being a mother and kids schedules.. I mean they have legit businesses, websites. But it really is mostly a smoke show they don't actually make enough to support themselves and family they are primarily supported by the other spouse or other means.
 
Guys I need to quit my f***ing job.

I'm going to flip tables. It keeps getting in the way of my scheduling sh*t.

Ugh.
so quit if you can afford it..

That's the catch.

I can't afford to quit my full-time job, because I need to pay my rent.

I'm having trouble scheduling the things I need to schedule, in order to make more money, so I *can* quit my full time job... because I have a full time job.

I'm gonna cut someone.
what is your full time job?

I work for Apple.

You wanna know the f***ing retarded part?

I had been trying to get full time ALLLLLL YEAR.

And I interviewed one last time, and by the time I interviewed, I just didn't give a sh*t anymore, and didn't even really want to get it, but I did it, because I knew we needed the money, and then... I got it. And THAT'S when all my shoots picked up.

I got full time... I got more shoots... and I'm at this REALLY awkward in between phase, where part time is not quite enough... but full time is too much.

I need semi-full time hours to balance things out.

I'm just trying to push a little harder to be able to drop down to part time to give myself more breathing room before I just outright quit... but it's hard making that happen when there's literally no time.

I'm so frustrated.

like really, really, really f***ing frustrated.

RAWR.
apple sounds like a pretty good job with more prospects honestly. I don't know your situation or your boyfriend/husband employment status but the majority of photographers I know are women, with no money, who primarily live on their husbands support and do photography as a business that doesn't pay much but gives the hours they want to work around being a mother and kids schedules.. I mean they have legit businesses, websites. But it really is mostly a smoke show they don't actually make enough to support themselves and family they are primarily supported by the other spouse or other means.

Oh, yeah sure... cause I totally want to have to force a smile on my face, and continue to suck the tit of every f***ing entitled asshole who comes in waving their phone in my face, acting like it's *my* fault they dropped the damn thing in a puddle, but decided they were above making an appointment to see a tech, for the rest of my life.

Sounds great.

[No really... Apple is a fantastic company to work for and an EXCELLENT day job, which is why I'm still there... but that sh*t is not my passion.]

I know people living off of photography.

Are they millionaires?

No.

Can they pay their bills?

Yes.

Keith and I are very used to living... not very lavishly.

He's a musician. I'm a photographer.

Neither of us are planning on giving either of those things up and as a result, we've always lived very close to paycheck to paycheck for the last 5 years of our marriage.

That's not the problem.

The problems is I want to be doing that with *photography*... and not with whatever day job I have at the time, before I get bored and move onto something else.

Luckily Apple has been good enough to me as a company, and interesting enough in the fact that they allow us to develop ourselves and flex into different roles, that I haven't had the desire to *leave* them for "something else", because literally anything else would be worse than Apple. My only move from here is out... into photography.

And settling to be a career Specialist is not an option.

It's just not.

I'm SO CLOSE to being able to drop back down to part time, but something has got to give. More of my own shoots, or supplementing second shooting... SOMETHING.

I just don't have any time. I'm literally maxed out with hours.

I don't sleep.

I run on caffeine.

I've had people genuinely concerned, giving me talks about how I need to "slow down", but slowing down means staying at Apple forever, and I'm not doing that.
 
Guys I need to quit my f***ing job.

I'm going to flip tables. It keeps getting in the way of my scheduling sh*t.

Ugh.
so quit if you can afford it..

That's the catch.

I can't afford to quit my full-time job, because I need to pay my rent.

I'm having trouble scheduling the things I need to schedule, in order to make more money, so I *can* quit my full time job... because I have a full time job.

I'm gonna cut someone.
what is your full time job?

I work for Apple.

You wanna know the f***ing retarded part?

I had been trying to get full time ALLLLLL YEAR.

And I interviewed one last time, and by the time I interviewed, I just didn't give a sh*t anymore, and didn't even really want to get it, but I did it, because I knew we needed the money, and then... I got it. And THAT'S when all my shoots picked up.

I got full time... I got more shoots... and I'm at this REALLY awkward in between phase, where part time is not quite enough... but full time is too much.

I need semi-full time hours to balance things out.

I'm just trying to push a little harder to be able to drop down to part time to give myself more breathing room before I just outright quit... but it's hard making that happen when there's literally no time.

I'm so frustrated.

like really, really, really f***ing frustrated.

RAWR.
apple sounds like a pretty good job with more prospects honestly. I don't know your situation or your boyfriend/husband employment status but the majority of photographers I know are women, with no money, who primarily live on their husbands support and do photography as a business that doesn't pay much but gives the hours they want to work around being a mother and kids schedules.. I mean they have legit businesses, websites. But it really is mostly a smoke show they don't actually make enough to support themselves and family they are primarily supported by the other spouse or other means.

Oh, yeah sure... cause I totally want to have to force a smile on my face, and continue to suck the tit of every f***ing entitled asshole who comes in waving their phone in my face, acting like it's *my* fault they dropped the damn thing in a puddle, but decided they were above making an appointment to see a tech, for the rest of my life.

Sounds great.

[No really... Apple is a fantastic company to work for and an EXCELLENT day job, which is why I'm still there... but that sh*t is not my passion.]

I know people living off of photography.

Are they millionaires?

No.

Can they pay their bills?

Yes.

Keith and I are very used to living... not very lavishly.

He's a musician. I'm a photographer.

Neither of us are planning on giving either of those things up and as a result, we've always lived very close to paycheck to paycheck for the last 5 years of our marriage.

That's not the problem.

The problems is I want to be doing that with *photography*... and not with whatever day job I have at the time, before I get bored and move onto something else.

Luckily Apple has been good enough to me as a company, and interesting enough in the fact that they allow us to develop ourselves and flex into different roles, that I haven't had the desire to *leave* them for "something else", because literally anything else would be worse than Apple. My only move from here is out... into photography.

And settling to be a career Specialist is not an option.

It's just not.

I'm SO CLOSE to being able to drop back down to part time, but something has got to give. More of my own shoots, or supplementing second shooting... SOMETHING.

I just don't have any time. I'm literally maxed out with hours.

I don't sleep.

I run on caffeine.

I've had people genuinely concerned, giving me talks about how I need to "slow down", but slowing down means staying at Apple forever, and I'm not doing that.
I don't think I can help you. I don't think along those lines. Never really have been much of a dreamer just make money, pay bills. about it. I know after I started having kids I did whatever endeavors on the side of a fulltime job as I wanted to keep benefits and health insurance for the family. It drove me nuts the idea of not having money or struggling to pay for family medical once I had my first kid so I opted to get a fulltime regular job for the benefits and guaranteed health insurance. Did whatever other endeavors I did on the side so I worked a crap load of hours kind of like you are.
 
so quit if you can afford it..

That's the catch.

I can't afford to quit my full-time job, because I need to pay my rent.

I'm having trouble scheduling the things I need to schedule, in order to make more money, so I *can* quit my full time job... because I have a full time job.

I'm gonna cut someone.
what is your full time job?

I work for Apple.

You wanna know the f***ing retarded part?

I had been trying to get full time ALLLLLL YEAR.

And I interviewed one last time, and by the time I interviewed, I just didn't give a sh*t anymore, and didn't even really want to get it, but I did it, because I knew we needed the money, and then... I got it. And THAT'S when all my shoots picked up.

I got full time... I got more shoots... and I'm at this REALLY awkward in between phase, where part time is not quite enough... but full time is too much.

I need semi-full time hours to balance things out.

I'm just trying to push a little harder to be able to drop down to part time to give myself more breathing room before I just outright quit... but it's hard making that happen when there's literally no time.

I'm so frustrated.

like really, really, really f***ing frustrated.

RAWR.
apple sounds like a pretty good job with more prospects honestly. I don't know your situation or your boyfriend/husband employment status but the majority of photographers I know are women, with no money, who primarily live on their husbands support and do photography as a business that doesn't pay much but gives the hours they want to work around being a mother and kids schedules.. I mean they have legit businesses, websites. But it really is mostly a smoke show they don't actually make enough to support themselves and family they are primarily supported by the other spouse or other means.

Oh, yeah sure... cause I totally want to have to force a smile on my face, and continue to suck the tit of every f***ing entitled asshole who comes in waving their phone in my face, acting like it's *my* fault they dropped the damn thing in a puddle, but decided they were above making an appointment to see a tech, for the rest of my life.

Sounds great.

[No really... Apple is a fantastic company to work for and an EXCELLENT day job, which is why I'm still there... but that sh*t is not my passion.]

I know people living off of photography.

Are they millionaires?

No.

Can they pay their bills?

Yes.

Keith and I are very used to living... not very lavishly.

He's a musician. I'm a photographer.

Neither of us are planning on giving either of those things up and as a result, we've always lived very close to paycheck to paycheck for the last 5 years of our marriage.

That's not the problem.

The problems is I want to be doing that with *photography*... and not with whatever day job I have at the time, before I get bored and move onto something else.

Luckily Apple has been good enough to me as a company, and interesting enough in the fact that they allow us to develop ourselves and flex into different roles, that I haven't had the desire to *leave* them for "something else", because literally anything else would be worse than Apple. My only move from here is out... into photography.

And settling to be a career Specialist is not an option.

It's just not.

I'm SO CLOSE to being able to drop back down to part time, but something has got to give. More of my own shoots, or supplementing second shooting... SOMETHING.

I just don't have any time. I'm literally maxed out with hours.

I don't sleep.

I run on caffeine.

I've had people genuinely concerned, giving me talks about how I need to "slow down", but slowing down means staying at Apple forever, and I'm not doing that.
I don't think I can help you. I don't think along those lines. Never really have been much of a dreamer just make money, pay bills. about it. I know after I started having kids I did whatever endeavors on the side of a fulltime job as I wanted to keep benefits and health insurance for the family. It drove me nuts the idea of not having money or struggling to pay for family medical once I had my first kid so I opted to get a fulltime regular job for the benefits and guaranteed health insurance. Did whatever other endeavors I did on the side so I worked a crap load of hours kind of like you are.

Reason #58,235,879,237,523,759,832,759,372 why I'm never having children. :lol:

I don't have to worry about that.

I just have to worry about helping my husband pay our rent and other life necessities for the two of us.

I mean we have cats... but cats are not as expensive as humans. :lol:
 
That's the catch.

I can't afford to quit my full-time job, because I need to pay my rent.

I'm having trouble scheduling the things I need to schedule, in order to make more money, so I *can* quit my full time job... because I have a full time job.

I'm gonna cut someone.
what is your full time job?

I work for Apple.

You wanna know the f***ing retarded part?

I had been trying to get full time ALLLLLL YEAR.

And I interviewed one last time, and by the time I interviewed, I just didn't give a sh*t anymore, and didn't even really want to get it, but I did it, because I knew we needed the money, and then... I got it. And THAT'S when all my shoots picked up.

I got full time... I got more shoots... and I'm at this REALLY awkward in between phase, where part time is not quite enough... but full time is too much.

I need semi-full time hours to balance things out.

I'm just trying to push a little harder to be able to drop down to part time to give myself more breathing room before I just outright quit... but it's hard making that happen when there's literally no time.

I'm so frustrated.

like really, really, really f***ing frustrated.

RAWR.
apple sounds like a pretty good job with more prospects honestly. I don't know your situation or your boyfriend/husband employment status but the majority of photographers I know are women, with no money, who primarily live on their husbands support and do photography as a business that doesn't pay much but gives the hours they want to work around being a mother and kids schedules.. I mean they have legit businesses, websites. But it really is mostly a smoke show they don't actually make enough to support themselves and family they are primarily supported by the other spouse or other means.

Oh, yeah sure... cause I totally want to have to force a smile on my face, and continue to suck the tit of every f***ing entitled asshole who comes in waving their phone in my face, acting like it's *my* fault they dropped the damn thing in a puddle, but decided they were above making an appointment to see a tech, for the rest of my life.

Sounds great.

[No really... Apple is a fantastic company to work for and an EXCELLENT day job, which is why I'm still there... but that sh*t is not my passion.]

I know people living off of photography.

Are they millionaires?

No.

Can they pay their bills?

Yes.

Keith and I are very used to living... not very lavishly.

He's a musician. I'm a photographer.

Neither of us are planning on giving either of those things up and as a result, we've always lived very close to paycheck to paycheck for the last 5 years of our marriage.

That's not the problem.

The problems is I want to be doing that with *photography*... and not with whatever day job I have at the time, before I get bored and move onto something else.

Luckily Apple has been good enough to me as a company, and interesting enough in the fact that they allow us to develop ourselves and flex into different roles, that I haven't had the desire to *leave* them for "something else", because literally anything else would be worse than Apple. My only move from here is out... into photography.

And settling to be a career Specialist is not an option.

It's just not.

I'm SO CLOSE to being able to drop back down to part time, but something has got to give. More of my own shoots, or supplementing second shooting... SOMETHING.

I just don't have any time. I'm literally maxed out with hours.

I don't sleep.

I run on caffeine.

I've had people genuinely concerned, giving me talks about how I need to "slow down", but slowing down means staying at Apple forever, and I'm not doing that.
I don't think I can help you. I don't think along those lines. Never really have been much of a dreamer just make money, pay bills. about it. I know after I started having kids I did whatever endeavors on the side of a fulltime job as I wanted to keep benefits and health insurance for the family. It drove me nuts the idea of not having money or struggling to pay for family medical once I had my first kid so I opted to get a fulltime regular job for the benefits and guaranteed health insurance. Did whatever other endeavors I did on the side so I worked a crap load of hours kind of like you are.

Reason #58,235,879,237,523,759,832,759,372 why I'm never having children. :lol:

I don't have to worry about that.

I just have to worry about helping my husband pay our rent and other life necessities for the two of us.

I mean we have cats... but cats are not as expensive as humans. :lol:
well yeah I mean, I have been paying for my wife to stay home , three kids, house, cars, for YEARS. so I really just never dreamed at all just went to make money, and didn't turn down money either. worked regular job, still drove truck on the side. worked regular job, started mortgage business on side. worked regular job, subcontracted construction work on side, worked reg job did snow removal on the side worked regular job and almost did real estate appraisal on the side , worked reguar job and bought a apartment building on the side...

when my first kid was real young I remember freaking out when I realized we ran out of baby food and I didn't get paid yet. told myself that would never happen again and I never let it happen again either..
 
what is your full time job?

I work for Apple.

You wanna know the f***ing retarded part?

I had been trying to get full time ALLLLLL YEAR.

And I interviewed one last time, and by the time I interviewed, I just didn't give a sh*t anymore, and didn't even really want to get it, but I did it, because I knew we needed the money, and then... I got it. And THAT'S when all my shoots picked up.

I got full time... I got more shoots... and I'm at this REALLY awkward in between phase, where part time is not quite enough... but full time is too much.

I need semi-full time hours to balance things out.

I'm just trying to push a little harder to be able to drop down to part time to give myself more breathing room before I just outright quit... but it's hard making that happen when there's literally no time.

I'm so frustrated.

like really, really, really f***ing frustrated.

RAWR.
apple sounds like a pretty good job with more prospects honestly. I don't know your situation or your boyfriend/husband employment status but the majority of photographers I know are women, with no money, who primarily live on their husbands support and do photography as a business that doesn't pay much but gives the hours they want to work around being a mother and kids schedules.. I mean they have legit businesses, websites. But it really is mostly a smoke show they don't actually make enough to support themselves and family they are primarily supported by the other spouse or other means.

Oh, yeah sure... cause I totally want to have to force a smile on my face, and continue to suck the tit of every f***ing entitled asshole who comes in waving their phone in my face, acting like it's *my* fault they dropped the damn thing in a puddle, but decided they were above making an appointment to see a tech, for the rest of my life.

Sounds great.

[No really... Apple is a fantastic company to work for and an EXCELLENT day job, which is why I'm still there... but that sh*t is not my passion.]

I know people living off of photography.

Are they millionaires?

No.

Can they pay their bills?

Yes.

Keith and I are very used to living... not very lavishly.

He's a musician. I'm a photographer.

Neither of us are planning on giving either of those things up and as a result, we've always lived very close to paycheck to paycheck for the last 5 years of our marriage.

That's not the problem.

The problems is I want to be doing that with *photography*... and not with whatever day job I have at the time, before I get bored and move onto something else.

Luckily Apple has been good enough to me as a company, and interesting enough in the fact that they allow us to develop ourselves and flex into different roles, that I haven't had the desire to *leave* them for "something else", because literally anything else would be worse than Apple. My only move from here is out... into photography.

And settling to be a career Specialist is not an option.

It's just not.

I'm SO CLOSE to being able to drop back down to part time, but something has got to give. More of my own shoots, or supplementing second shooting... SOMETHING.

I just don't have any time. I'm literally maxed out with hours.

I don't sleep.

I run on caffeine.

I've had people genuinely concerned, giving me talks about how I need to "slow down", but slowing down means staying at Apple forever, and I'm not doing that.
I don't think I can help you. I don't think along those lines. Never really have been much of a dreamer just make money, pay bills. about it. I know after I started having kids I did whatever endeavors on the side of a fulltime job as I wanted to keep benefits and health insurance for the family. It drove me nuts the idea of not having money or struggling to pay for family medical once I had my first kid so I opted to get a fulltime regular job for the benefits and guaranteed health insurance. Did whatever other endeavors I did on the side so I worked a crap load of hours kind of like you are.

Reason #58,235,879,237,523,759,832,759,372 why I'm never having children. :lol:

I don't have to worry about that.

I just have to worry about helping my husband pay our rent and other life necessities for the two of us.

I mean we have cats... but cats are not as expensive as humans. :lol:
well yeah I mean, I have been paying for my wife to stay home , three kids, house, cars, for YEARS. so I really just never dreamed at all just went to make money, and didn't turn down money either. worked regular job, still drove truck on the side. worked regular job, started mortgage business on side. worked regular job, subcontracted construction work on side, worked reg job did snow removal on the side worked regular job and almost did real estate appraisal on the side , worked reguar job and bought a apartment building on the side...

when my first kid was real young I remember freaking out when I realized we ran out of baby food and I didn't get paid yet. told myself that would never happen again and I never let it happen again either..

I knew what you meant.

And that's super admirable. You sound like a great husband and a fantastic father. :)

I'm just saying that whole "stay at home mom" thing was never in the books for me. I respect it. I get it. It's not for me. So for me, whether it was audio before, or photography now, I've always had some sort of artisticly-inclined career planned out for myself and 0 kids in the forecast.

I'm almost 30 and my 0 child forecast has held true up until now, and I don't ever want that change. So we're able to be a little more risky with what we want to do.

I'd do the same exact thing as you if I had kids on the playing board. There's nothing wrong with that.
 
no. they think i suck. i didn't give them enough attention. i was always gone or doing something...my life "revolved" around money according to my wife even though she dont mind spending it and was always saying the kids need that, I need this, we need this... blah blah blah blah. I guess i am not attentive and caring enough either I am told I don't pay attention.. lol. I thought I was better off not being totally self employed because then I was ALWAYS GONE but i guess not. don't do what I did. I dropped at work from stroke and worked a crap load of hours.. been living on retirement withdrawals for eight months now doc still wont release me to go to work, and will probably end up bankrupt in about a year or so if I don't get back to work as eventually the savings runs out. And my wife and oldest want iphones wtf?? so I may be starting over again anyway...LMAO :bouncingsmileys:

oh hell yeah, you don't have kids who gives a crap do whatever the hell you want. go be a photographer . the worst that happens is you cant pay your rent and who cares it will take two months to evict you then you end up in a shelter and find another rent in a month it don't really matter..
 
no. they think i suck. i didn't give them enough attention. i was always gone or doing something...my life "revolved" around money according to my wife even though she dont mind spending it and was always saying the kids need that, I need this, we need this... blah blah blah blah. I guess i am not attentive and caring enough either I am told I don't pay attention.. lol. I thought I was better off not being totally self employed because then I was ALWAYS GONE but i guess not. don't do what I did. I dropped at work from stroke and worked a crap load of hours.. been living on retirement withdrawals for eight months now doc still wont release me to go to work, and will probably end up bankrupt in about a year or so if I don't get back to work as eventually the savings runs out. And my wife and oldest want iphones wtf?? so I may be starting over again anyway...LMAO :bouncingsmileys:

oh hell yeah, you don't have kids who gives a crap do whatever the hell you want. go be a photographer . the worst that happens is you cant pay your rent and who cares it will take two months to evict you then you end up in a shelter and find another rent in a month it don't really matter..

Well... I don't have my kids, but my husband is a little less of a risk-taker than I am... so he won't let us get to the point of eviction. LOL :biglaugh:
 
no. they think i suck. i didn't give them enough attention. i was always gone or doing something...my life "revolved" around money according to my wife even though she dont mind spending it and was always saying the kids need that, I need this, we need this... blah blah blah blah. I guess i am not attentive and caring enough either I am told I don't pay attention.. lol. I thought I was better off not being totally self employed because then I was ALWAYS GONE but i guess not. don't do what I did. I dropped at work from stroke and worked a crap load of hours.. been living on retirement withdrawals for eight months now doc still wont release me to go to work, and will probably end up bankrupt in about a year or so if I don't get back to work as eventually the savings runs out. And my wife and oldest want iphones wtf?? so I may be starting over again anyway...LMAO :bouncingsmileys:

oh hell yeah, you don't have kids who gives a crap do whatever the hell you want. go be a photographer . the worst that happens is you cant pay your rent and who cares it will take two months to evict you then you end up in a shelter and find another rent in a month it don't really matter..

Well... I don't have my kids, but my husband is a little less of a risk-taker than I am... so he won't let us get to the point of eviction. LOL :biglaugh:
just explain to him that getting evicted from a apartment you don't own isn't really a financial loss and you can save money by living in a shelter for a month or two..
 
no. they think i suck. i didn't give them enough attention. i was always gone or doing something...my life "revolved" around money according to my wife even though she dont mind spending it and was always saying the kids need that, I need this, we need this... blah blah blah blah. I guess i am not attentive and caring enough either I am told I don't pay attention.. lol. I thought I was better off not being totally self employed because then I was ALWAYS GONE but i guess not. don't do what I did. I dropped at work from stroke and worked a crap load of hours.. been living on retirement withdrawals for eight months now doc still wont release me to go to work, and will probably end up bankrupt in about a year or so if I don't get back to work as eventually the savings runs out. And my wife and oldest want iphones wtf?? so I may be starting over again anyway...LMAO :bouncingsmileys:

oh hell yeah, you don't have kids who gives a crap do whatever the hell you want. go be a photographer . the worst that happens is you cant pay your rent and who cares it will take two months to evict you then you end up in a shelter and find another rent in a month it don't really matter..

Well... I don't have my kids, but my husband is a little less of a risk-taker than I am... so he won't let us get to the point of eviction. LOL :biglaugh:
just explain to him that getting evicted from a apartment you don't own isn't really a financial loss and you can save money by living in a shelter for a month or two..

Somehow I don't think he's gonna go for that, hahaha
 
Speaking as someone who is no longer almost 30, I say hold onto that job for a little while longer at least to build up some savings. You can fulfill your creativity at least part time, so it's not like you have no outlet at all, but give yourself a bigger cushion before you quit the job with the full-time salary and benefits. I'm not saying never quit that job - just suggesting you suck it up for a little while longer and plan for it. Make it a more deliberate choice that you're prepared for. It's one thing to be living on a financial edge when you're still young and assume that things will get better when you're older, but then if they don't and you're still flying by the seat of your pants 20 years later, you'll kick yourself for not planning better.

And no, I'm not speaking from experience at all :048: And the thing that annoys me is that I'll probably have to move to a warmer climate because it will be impossible to heat my cardboard box that I will be living in for the winter. Well, I could light a fire but then I'd have to find a new box. And it's hard to find a good box that will fit me and my 57 cats.
 
In other news, I'm going hiking today.
 
Just make sure you continue to save enough for retirement on a regular basis (IRA, 401K etc.), you will be surprised at how fast you will arrive at retirement.
 
Just make sure you continue to save enough for retirement on a regular basis (IRA, 401K etc.), you will be surprised at how fast you will arrive at retirement.
I think I would actually do this but not as a first priority.
1. liquid savings for three months in case of emergency minimum
2. buy a dwelling, something you can feasibly pay off on a ten o fifteen year note. controlling expenses is more Imporant than uncontrollable income.
3. start a stock portfolio after tax mixed with corporate bonds etc. things that pay dividends. Problem with 401ks is you cant withdraw them without penalty. Maybe look into a roth ira so you can at least withdraw the principal. The myth is that when you get old you can withdraw from your retirement at a lower tax rate and the tax shelter. This isn't always true. For one thing it assumes you make enough that the tax shelter is of huge consequence. it assumes you will have less income when you are older but if you do things correctly you should have more income. And it assumes you cant find another place for that money with a higher return. it also assumes nothing will happen in the interval wiping out that retirement.
4. look for passive income, such as the dividends mentioned, a pension, a rental anything.
5. hit your 401k retirement now. stop taking out commercial loans. Build up your 401k and borrow against it. They say not to do that, but realistically I do all the time. if have a choice of paying the bank 4 percent or taking a 401k loan and borrowing my own money at 3 percent which the rate gets paid back to myself. well I would rather use my own money. why borrow 30k from someone else when I have 30k I can borrow from myself? Just be cautious you can pay back and remember as long as it is out you are losing market gains so stick with quick payoffs.

Think outside the box. Remember everyone goal is to make money and have you working to PAY THEM and to make money on what you work to save to PAY THEM. Bank, government, your landlord. Keep as much in your own control as possible. Their goal is to control your money and make money off you. Your goal is too control your money and make money off your money. They also want you reliant, to that car payment, to that money you saved you cant touch that barely or doesn't even keep up with inflation. When you stop becoming reliant the system doesn't make as much money off you. whatever it takes from you remember this is hours you work. I calculated once what it costs me just to wake up everyday in bank interest about a decade ago. Made me realize just how much they sucked from me. look at them all as leeches. They are.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom