The Coffee House

That is awesome. Perfect for your lifestyle.

Please do not take offense to this but I would never consider blocking such a beautiful landscape with technology. For me, the screen is in your landscape and there is a lot more good going on in it than on a huge screen. I know times have changed but I just think there are so many things go unnoticed. I know you know every inch of your yard and have put great effort and love into it. I hate TV and my little rant is over because I am an old dog and I am not in touch. I am envious in some ways but all I need to see is a commercial or political ad and I am pretty much done. I love baseball and that looks like an ultimate way to watch it.
Don't fret JC. The screen is blocking the northern view of the BBQ Patio ... Nothing much to look at when not in use, just a bunk of black tarped stuff. From the above view the koi pond is to the left (west), the northwest are the roses and the rest of the yard to the south. Also, the screen is temporary. When the movie is over, it gets folded and packed away. While the screen is self standing, Gary has installed hooks all over the patio to facilitate setting it up in tight places. The aluminum frame is one piece, all hinged and folds up nice and tidy and the screen snaps in.

Mary Lou loves movies. This is a great way to watch movies. After movies, all we watch is news and sports. News will be on the Tv, but sports ... Sports is awesome (see photo above).

This projector thing is so good that Gary is looking at pull down screens for the house. Just to make viewing inside easier.

As to commercials or political ads ... Don't sweat the small stuff.

Good evening hosers. I hate tripods. I am in the process of making my own and have spent way to many sleepiness nights on it. I can't share anything yet but I am making good process.

My mentor was in town this weekend and we were rained out for the tractor show but truth be told, I wanted to go and it would have been fine. I think he had too much to drink last night as I got a call this morning about him from the golf course bar... uuugh. The owner let him slide because of me but, well you know... The guy is a highly decorated Marine and it saved him. I got to yell at him for once and he listened. Oh my. I have never seen this side of him.

Anyway, he really liked my prototype and was amazed at the smoothness and quickness of how it erected and collapsed. He loved the automatic leveling. He loved the push or pull with one hand not needing to unlock 3 legs. He was confused on the base attachment and I need to work on it. I am trying to make a seamless transition from portrait to landscape. One click, two click, three click ready to go.
I want one of those!

826faa298dbb1fd9f065fdd691208e92.jpg

image.jpeg

iPhone

Buenas Dias Coffee Hosers. It is a beautiful morning, cool and sunny. The screen is packed away, the furniture returned back to its formal setting, Mary Lou and Gary are enjoying their tea and coffee in the patio, watching the fish glide by, reading the paper with The Cook at Gary's side.

PS- There is a nice article in the California section of the Los Angeles Times on Nick Ut, the photog that snapped the Pulitzer Award photo of the screaming Vietnamese girl. He is soon to retire from AP and lives in Los Angeles.

Last edited:
image.jpg

iPhone

Gary has had a busy morning. Under that hot mess is a Tri-Tip, all herbed-up and smothered with other stuff Gary found in the garden. Soon the Kamado will be up to speed and in the BBQ she goes.

Last edited:
I could sure go for a Roberto's burrito right about now.

Most reactions

Back