The Coffee House

bd3ec48a9dbecaf0e2207081876d7587.jpg
Taxidermy Classes - Learn Deer, Fish, Duck, Ferret. Small Game Taxidermy

The wife chose Batman vs. Superman to watch this weekend from Redbox.

We were both tired, she fell asleep during it. I forced myself to stay awake. Did not enjoy that movie at all. Aside from the fact that it was a confusing, disorganized mess for the first 2 hours or so, it just made no sense to me whatsoever. I find it disappointing that companies are just throwing together whatever they can to make money.

Also, spoiler rant...

The monster that Lex Luthor created to end the world, daftly named "Doomsday", looked straight out of Lord of the Rings. I mean, it was created in a bubble/goo pod and had the same facial features.

Then the whole kryptonite spear thing? Seriously? If anything, they should have had Amy Adams throw it at the monster. I mean, Superman can't even bring it up from the depths of that pool of water without passing out, but he can somehow fly several hundred feet with it to strike Doomsday? Give me a break.

Also, why is Batman such a jerk? He started branding people so they get killed in prison? That doesn't sound like the batman I've grown to know over the years.

<sarcasm>
Next up in their queue: Hello Kitty meets the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to save the earth from cyborgs.
</sarcasm>

The best part of that movie was Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, because he is the perfect person to play those sorts of roles.

Have you seen this? An open letter from Wonder Woman to Batman regarding the events of Batman v Superman

Warning to those who care: the article contains spoilers.

...KRYPTONITE.

We need to talk about what happened during our battle against Doomsday. As you may recall, when the going got rough, we found ourselves with one (1) hybrid supermonster, bred by Lex Luthor to be killable only with kryptonite, and one (1) spear made of the aforementioned space mineral, which is lethally crippling to Superman but just a glowy rock as far as I'm concerned.

And I guess it escaped your notice, Trumpy McBatface, but I’m an ACTUAL AMAZON. Check my résumé: I have spear experience. Enough experience to know, for instance, that spears are meant to be thrown. That is, in fact, one of the key selling points of spears: that you can use them as projectiles and thus avoid coming within a radius of your enemy that would allow him to, say, run you through the heart with one of his fearsome bone spikes. You know, if you happened to find yourself in a situation where that might be a concern.

So obviously the thing to do was … not even consider handing me the space weapon, and instead have Superman heroically sacrifice himself in order to take down the monster with his incompetent spearing technique. Great leadership and decision-making there. Really. Definitely makes me want to go into battle with you again."
Ok. That is amazing. SPOT ON.

Did you see the movie? Within the first hour, my wife says, "Do you want to turn it off, it's not good." I said that we already spent an hour, we might as well finish it. I didn't realize it was 2.5 hours long. Ugh.

More spoiler rants...

How in the world does Lex Luthor have all this amazing technology, and he has this little piece of wire sticking out of his servers that allows someone unfettered access to download all files? Literally, Lex's entire network. And Batman did that in 7 minutes? Must be new technology that allows the transfer of data faster. Too bad he couldn't use new technology to install a lock on the door. Or, you know, not have a port to the server.

And there is no security and no cameras? Yeah. Sure.

Also, that letter is spot on. Batman just emails this picture to Wonder Woman? Through email? This picture has "military-grade" encryption, and Batman sends her the picture in an email? Couldn't they at least have met for coffee in an undisclosed location and he give her the picture in an envelope that permanently changes the picture to a sunset or whatever after, say, 10 seconds of viewing? I know that's ridiculous, but so is Lex Luthor's security and Batman's appreciation for Wonder Woman.

Also, I may not be completely remembering this correctly, but if I recall, the security of those from Krypton was pretty darn good. For example, the machine could tell who was who, and I thought Superman's real father fought like h*ll with the help of his computer. But, Lex Luthor can just take the fingerprints off of a dead guy and use that to trick his ship into giving him an all access pass to use the ship and to create Doomsday, which was against their ethical rules? Hmm.

Ok. That is amazing. SPOT ON.

Did you see the movie? Within the first hour, my wife says, "Do you want to turn it off, it's not good." I said that we already spent an hour, we might as well finish it. I didn't realize it was 2.5 hours long. Ugh.

More spoiler rants...

Nah. I've enjoyed superhero movies but this latest spate of them has left me completely uninterested, and nothing that I've read about them, including your rants, changes my mind about them.

I'm wondering when someone is finally going to come up with something new and interesting in terms of sci-fi/action/hero movies. The Star Trek reboots and new Star Wars are really well done, but they're still building on an existing canon. Nothing really truly original AND fantastic has been done since the original Matrix.

I feel as energetic and motivated as the ferret. I have nothing remotely resembling superhero energy. Yup that's about it for today! lol

Ugh. I was doing okay today, and the day has gone quite quickly for a Monday, and especially for a Monday with a boring project to do.

I have an hour left and I am dragging, hosers. Draaaaaaagging.

Sunday was Hollywood Bowl night.
iPhone images

image.jpeg

YoYo Ma and the Silk Road Ensemable

image.jpeg

During a performance, The Bowl is a FAA No-Fly Zone. Looking straight up, high above, X marks the spot.

image.jpeg

The evening started at dusk, in the hills above the Bowl is the Hollywood Sign.

It was a great evening of entertainment and perfect weather. YoYo Ma is always amazing. The first half of the program made me feel as if I was Marco Polo discovering the orient. The second half was pure musical joy. Ma had artists from Syria, Iran, China and Espana (the Spanard played the bag pipes).

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back