What's new

The Coffee House

Cooking in the dark
View attachment 146644

Sent from my RS988 using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Sorry to hear about your power loss...but umm....how do you like that grill? I'm thinking about picking one up from the same company. Just waiting for home depot or lowes to clearance them for the winter.
Leo develops in coffee ... you develop in pee ... do you drink coffee?
Yes. However....forget it, I felt limr's eyes going dangerously inside her sockets.

Meh, urine as a developer is nothing new. And yes, it can be done. I have not tried it, nor to I intend to, but hey, if you want to try it, knock yourself out! :D
@ Leo: As you seem to know much more about this than Gary ... does it matter what you drink prior to developing? Does drinking Starbucks or a Fresca change the development time(s). From experience, when developing with D-76, if Gary had a few beers the development time(s) got extended.
 
@waday in the media room, we have TV, satellite box, sound system, DVD, and assorted switches. Most of which will function off one remote ------- until granddaughter comes over, catches us not watching and starts punching buttons :angry: then it takes me an hour of reading all the manuals to reprogram everything.:BangHead:
Sounds like you need a portable remote carrier.
 
@ Jon: Regards to grills ... that Akorn sorta looks like a Kamado (egg shaped ceramic grills). Gary has a number of grills but the Kamado is his favorite. (The Kamado looks more like a kettle than a Kamado.) Gary's research on the Kamado what that they all cook about the same, the value comes in the form of the extras. But this was a few years ago.
 
Hmm.

Coffee. Urine as developer. Grills. Power Loss.

Must be the coffee house.

That said, I must be getting older. Our fairly new TV wouldn't cooperate yesterday. The set-top box wouldn't show up, nor would anything connected to any HDMI port. I fiddled around with it for a half-hour, turned it on and off, unplugged everything, plugged everything back in, tried various combinations, etc.

Then the wife says, did you restart it? "Yes, I turned it on and off several times." We go into the settings, and there's a "restart" setting.

Ugh. Who? What? When did this happen?

Seriously. I have to restart my Apple TV every three days to get the Siri function of the remote to work again. Because typing in commands is just way too arduous .
 
@waday in the media room, we have TV, satellite box, sound system, DVD, and assorted switches. Most of which will function off one remote ------- until granddaughter comes over, catches us not watching and starts punching buttons :angry: then it takes me an hour of reading all the manuals to reprogram everything.:BangHead:
Sounds like you need a portable remote carrier.
Like a Sherpa?
 
@ Jon: Regards to grills ... that Akorn sorta looks like a Kamado (egg shaped ceramic grills). Gary has a number of grills but the Kamado is his favorite. (The Kamado looks more like a kettle than a Kamado.) Gary's research on the Kamado what that they all cook about the same, the value comes in the form of the extras. But this was a few years ago.

I love the idea of a Kamado grill -- this Chargriller model is made from two layers of steel with some insulation between it, so it operates in a similar function as the ceramic ones, but stays relatively cool to the touch on the outside (so my little ones are a little safer on the porch), and is a lot cheaper. Most people who have used both says it gets about 90% there. We'll see. My Weber kettle is dying. (I've had it for 9 years...and who knows how long my parents had it before then...)
 
Hmm.

Coffee. Urine as developer. Grills. Power Loss.

Must be the coffee house.

That said, I must be getting older. Our fairly new TV wouldn't cooperate yesterday. The set-top box wouldn't show up, nor would anything connected to any HDMI port. I fiddled around with it for a half-hour, turned it on and off, unplugged everything, plugged everything back in, tried various combinations, etc.

Then the wife says, did you restart it? "Yes, I turned it on and off several times." We go into the settings, and there's a "restart" setting.

Ugh. Who? What? When did this happen?

Seriously. I have to restart my Apple TV every three days to get the Siri function of the remote to work again. Because typing in commands is just way too arduous .
Gary uses Alexa with an Amazon Fire on one of his Tv's .... works like a charm. Gary also just picked up a Rveal Internet Streaming device ...there is so much content available ... it is mind-boggling. Once Gary get's the Rveal dialed in he's dumping the cable.
 
Hmm.

Coffee. Urine as developer. Grills. Power Loss.

Must be the coffee house.

That said, I must be getting older. Our fairly new TV wouldn't cooperate yesterday. The set-top box wouldn't show up, nor would anything connected to any HDMI port. I fiddled around with it for a half-hour, turned it on and off, unplugged everything, plugged everything back in, tried various combinations, etc.

Then the wife says, did you restart it? "Yes, I turned it on and off several times." We go into the settings, and there's a "restart" setting.

Ugh. Who? What? When did this happen?

Seriously. I have to restart my Apple TV every three days to get the Siri function of the remote to work again. Because typing in commands is just way too arduous .
That's a good point! Our Roku needed to be restarted, because it would get glitchy--but that stayed on all the time. I thought turning the TV on and off was "resetting" it, but I guess not! :boggled:
 
I love the idea of a Kamado grill

Call me lazy I know, but we grill year round. We like the convince of turning on the gas, hitting the igniter, and within minutes ready to grill.
 
@waday in the media room, we have TV, satellite box, sound system, DVD, and assorted switches. Most of which will function off one remote ------- until granddaughter comes over, catches us not watching and starts punching buttons :angry: then it takes me an hour of reading all the manuals to reprogram everything.:BangHead:
We have a universal remote with a little LCD screen from Logitech that controls the TV, STB, and speakers. I love it.

Our remote plugs into our computer and connects to software. I've only ever needed to reprogram it once, and that was after we got a new TV. I was a bit worried that if we took the batteries out, it'd need to be reprogrammed, but it doesn't!
 
@ Jon: Regards to grills ... that Akorn sorta looks like a Kamado (egg shaped ceramic grills). Gary has a number of grills but the Kamado is his favorite. (The Kamado looks more like a kettle than a Kamado.) Gary's research on the Kamado what that they all cook about the same, the value comes in the form of the extras. But this was a few years ago.

I love the idea of a Kamado grill -- this Chargriller model is made from two layers of steel with some insulation between it, so it operates in a similar function as the ceramic ones, but stays relatively cool to the touch on the outside (so my little ones are a little safer on the porch), and is a lot cheaper. Most people who have used both says it gets about 90% there. We'll see. My Weber kettle is dying. (I've had it for 9 years...and who knows how long my parents had it before then...)
With kids, Gary would get a propane grill. Charcoal is the best, but it requires setup time and cleanup time. With a propane grill, a flick of a dial and the thrust of a finger ... and viola! You're cooking with propane. If you miss the wood flavoring, get some chips and a Smoker Box. Even in inclimate weather, a propane fires up so quickly that grilling is still possible.

t602.1.jpg
 
I love the idea of a Kamado grill

Call me lazy I know, but we grill year round. We like the convince of turning on the gas, hitting the igniter, and within minutes ready to grill.

Oh, I grill in snow storms. Usually on the gas grill, but I love cooking on charcoal and wood when I have the time. Honesty, with a chimney starter, it only takes the charcoal grill an extra 5 minutes to get going, and I understand that these Kamado grills are even easier with the way they draw air into the fuel chamber. I haven't had an oven-cooked roast or bird of any sort in a long time.
 
@waday in the media room, we have TV, satellite box, sound system, DVD, and assorted switches. Most of which will function off one remote ------- until granddaughter comes over, catches us not watching and starts punching buttons :angry: then it takes me an hour of reading all the manuals to reprogram everything.:BangHead:
We have a universal remote with a little LCD screen from Logitech that controls the TV, STB, and speakers. I love it.

Our remote plugs into our computer and connects to software. I've only ever needed to reprogram it once, and that was after we got a new TV. I was a bit worried that if we took the batteries out, it'd need to be reprogrammed, but it doesn't!
Gary's receiver has a universal remote and about six HMDI inputs and more RCA connectors. The miracle of science.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom