vintagesnaps
Been spending a lot of time on here!
- Joined
- Jan 13, 2013
- Messages
- 9,119
- Reaction score
- 3,109
- Location
- US
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos NOT OK to edit
Have to admit that up until this post I thought you were joking about the urine. So let me just say Eeeewwwwww.
If you're that squeamish about using it when you don't physically have to touch it, what are you going to do when you're out on the beach and get a bad jellyfish sting????![]()
One more reason to keep the OLBs tied up.@waday in the media room, we have TV, satellite box, sound system, DVD, and assorted switches. Most of which will function off one remote ------- until granddaughter comes over, catches us not watching and starts punching buttonsthen it takes me an hour of reading all the manuals to reprogram everything.
![]()
Have to admit that up until this post I thought you were joking about the urine. So let me just say Eeeewwwwww.
If you're that squeamish about using it when you don't physically have to touch it, what are you going to do when you're out on the beach and get a bad jellyfish sting????![]()

I DVR'd it. I am traveling up north now.NYR v. Dallas prospects, tied at 1-1 after two. Camera is on the lite brite scoreboard watching it count down.
edit - Hey! realized with staggered start times on two rinks the other game is on - I can do a split screen thing and watch both. Red Wings v. St. Louis, the baby Blues just scored again for a 5-1 lead.
The other game has an announcer, and a guy doing color. And a mezzanine, with people up there (obviously the main rink and the other's the annex).
I'm in hockey heaven.
Thanks for the info on the extra power company help, guys - obviously we need it!
Still no power, so we've been cleaning out the fridge since the trash gets picked up tomorrow. Didn't lose too much and we're grilling some lamb patties tonight that were in the freezer.
We cleaned up outside, and carried all the herbs back to the porch. Tomorrow should be warmer, no more lingering drizzle. Hopefully the power will be back, too - not much point in a store run without a working refrigerator! Starting to wear a bit thin, though I don't like complaining when others have it so much worse.![]()
Power company crews from Eversource in the northeast to Pacific Gas and Energy in the west, even crews from Canada and parts in between are all caravanning to cure the power grid destruction from Irma.Thanks for the info on the extra power company help, guys - obviously we need it!
Still no power, so we've been cleaning out the fridge since the trash gets picked up tomorrow. Didn't lose too much and we're grilling some lamb patties tonight that were in the freezer.
We cleaned up outside, and carried all the herbs back to the porch. Tomorrow should be warmer, no more lingering drizzle. Hopefully the power will be back, too - not much point in a store run without a working refrigerator! Starting to wear a bit thin, though I don't like complaining when others have it so much worse.![]()
After losing 11 straight games, Kershaw and Jansen played some ball.Dodgers won, the Dodgers WON! Justin Verlander pitch's another masterpiece for the Astros! Red Wings prospects fall to the Blues.... Couple fights, can't wait to get home and see that....
I never thought of that - might be worth a peek just to see if such a rider even exists. It was just our regular freezer, so I wouldn't both filing a claim this time around. But good information, all the same.Thanks for the info on the extra power company help, guys - obviously we need it!
Still no power, so we've been cleaning out the fridge since the trash gets picked up tomorrow. Didn't lose too much and we're grilling some lamb patties tonight that were in the freezer.
We cleaned up outside, and carried all the herbs back to the porch. Tomorrow should be warmer, no more lingering drizzle. Hopefully the power will be back, too - not much point in a store run without a working refrigerator! Starting to wear a bit thin, though I don't like complaining when others have it so much worse.![]()
My homeowners' policy through USAA covers loss of food during a power outage. It might be worth giving your policy holder a call to ask. I think mine was capped at $250, but it was enough to restock our deep freezer the last time we lost power.
We had some more cleanup to do, then hit the showers, and I'm running the dishwasher now. Later, it'll be time to head to the grocery store to replenish the perishables and frozen stuff we tossed out.