What's new

The Coffee House

[Wait . . . weren't you in the (blue water) Navy, like in air conditioned ships, internet access and whatnot?
That was long before we had civilian Internet access at sea, and in ships whose climate-control systems were NOT designed for that part of the world.
You were on a wooden, Canadian pirate ship, right?

HMS Antelope? Was the Captain's name Barrett?
edit:
"Barrett's Privateers" by the late Stan Rogers
I have that song on the current playlist in my truck.
I can't decide which version is my favorite - "Fogarty's Cove" or "Between the Breaks . . . Live!"
 
I REALLY need a laptop or another tower unit computer.
Because the pics I take with the Coolpix will stay in the Coolpix without one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
1 TB external drives are relatively cheap.
 
The world seems to be going to Hell. Hurricanes, earthquakes, wars, threat of nuclear war, dark mornings ... maybe Gary will go back to bed and close the door.
Didn't you hear? The end of the world is this Saturday, supposedly, again.


Every Saturday after the last drink. Resurrection just before mass on Sunday, the first day of the week when Jesus rose from the dead to save us....
 
Brass Band & Sunny Sunday
smallKO7_5258_00001_.webp
 
I'm about 75% sure I'm going to heaven so bring it on!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
I'm about 75% sure I'm going to heaven so bring it on!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Does that percentage get higher or lower as you get older ;)
 
I'm about 75% sure I'm going to heaven so bring it on!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Well considering the typical odds of winning at Blackjack is around 43% your ahead if you're at that 75% mark, but consider you still have 25 chances out of 100 to go the other way! LOL
 
Does that percentage get higher or lower as you get older ;)

I can tell you from personal experience that you get a lot more concerned about it the older you get!!!
 
Either way. At 57 fairly hard years old I'll take the end of the world pretty happily.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Barmageddon! lol


What are we talking about...??

nm... I'll just wait til we go back to talking coffee and recipes. How long has it been since I've been on here? like a day and a half? did this thread go into a time warp continuum thingy?
 
I have three logs. From the phone company hiring tree trimmers to clear the way for a new line. Which they are installing now.

The logs used to be a branch on my hackberry which is so big it's hardly noticeable that a branch that size is gone. Usually if you leave something at the curb it's free for the taking but so far, no takers.
 
The world seems to be going to Hell. Hurricanes, earthquakes, wars, threat of nuclear war, dark mornings ... maybe Gary will go back to bed and close the door.
Didn't you hear? The end of the world is this Saturday, supposedly, again.


Every Saturday after the last drink. Resurrection just before mass on Sunday, the first day of the week when Jesus rose from the dead to save us....
The end of the world happens every week? Huh. I'll have to pay more attention this weekend.
 
I like snickerdoodles.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom