What's new

The Coffee House

Greenheads

A very interesting article. Gary complains when a single tiny mosquito enters the patio. Greenheads are like a plague of biblical proportions.
 
On hot summer days, especially when a large, two person size package is delivered, Gary always sneaks a couple of beers in a bag, as a tip for the delivery people. "For after work ..." he whispers.
 
Did you do something to the Fedex/UPS/USPS person? That's pretty bad and especially as it's not the first time. Our UPS guy is awesome!
I don't think I did? I'm usually pretty cordial (since they are handling packages, and because I try to be a decent human being).

The only thing I can think of is when I made a pretty angry complain to Amazon when 80-90% of dog food cans (I bought two cases, so 24 cans total) were damaged to the point where I had to throw them out. Amazon refunded my entire purchase and told me to donate any cans that I could to a local shelter.

Amazon probably would have reached out to UPS, which likely trickled down to the local level?

ETA: I also no longer buy canned dog food from Amazon.

dog food cans.webp
 
Greenheads

A very interesting article. Gary complains when a single tiny mosquito enters the patio. Greenheads are like a plague of biblical proportions.

2 of our favorite beaches, Crane in Ipswich and Good Harbor in Gloucester, have terrible greenhead seasons. We usually keep each other updated on greenhead status beginning in August. As soon as they're spotted, word spreads via FaceBook and we head elsewhere. The parking fee at Good Harbor is $30 on weekends and no one wants to pay that to get bit all day. Not everyone knows where the secret free parking spots are. What? Sorry, I don't have any idea what you're referring to.
 
Overheard on campus:

To the person on the phone: "No, I have to pick up my car after class, I mean, I have things to do! And I still have to get my nails done and my hair done, like, I have THINGS to do!"
 
After watching a little RedWings last night, I have a feeling it's gonna be a looooooong GG season. They look poorly coached IMO. Defense still can't get that first pass going out of their end.
 
A little b*tch about FedEx and Rock Auto
First time the FedEx driver called and talked to my Sister and I STILL didn't get the part. Raised a little H*'ll with Rock Auto and they sent it again. Yesterday I got an email saying it was delivered. Only I didn't get it. The telephone to FedEx goes to an automated pos. I can't talk to a human.
Makes me very VERY irritated.
At Rock Auto the part is about $30.
At O'Reilly it's about $90.
But Rock Auto can't get it here.
ARGH!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
A little b*tch about FedEx and Rock Auto
First time the FedEx driver called and talked to my Sister and I STILL didn't get the part. Raised a little H*'ll with Rock Auto and they sent it again. Yesterday I got an email saying it was delivered. Only I didn't get it. The telephone to FedEx goes to an automated pos. I can't talk to a human.
Makes me very VERY irritated.
At Rock Auto the part is about $30.
At O'Reilly it's about $90.
But Rock Auto can't get it here.
ARGH!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Sounds frustrating, you have my sympathies.
 
I can deal with horse flies, biting flies and no seeums, but the venom of the guinea wasp is worse then a normal wasp. In addition to those we have scorpions that like the cool corners of the garage. So far I've been lucky, but you always check any shoes left there before you put them on. Lastly the Coppeheads seem to have been bad this year. 4 children bitten in the last month.
 
Now, what do I do with a chain stuck in the driveway? I'm not kidding. Last night the power went out for no reason other than I'd just been thinking how yellow it looked outside and poof! I blame a squirrel, that's happened before.

Anyway, I heard a dog barking loudly, went to the front door and the neighbor came out to see what was up, the dog's chain attached to its collar was stuck down in a space in the driveway. Couldn't get it loose for anything, finally got the chain off the collar (because that didn't want to come off either). At least it had tags but nobody answered the number listed, but the neighbor's wife drove down the street looking for the address as it couldn't be more than a few doors down.

At least it was a nice friendly dog, but now a section of the chain is stuck and laying in the driveway. Any bright ideas or even ridiculous suggestions will be appreciated.

And FedEx had left huuuge boxes that weren't mine, out on the edge of the porch where I couldn't read the label, so had to get the walker (to get back up the ramp, don't need it going out) to go out thru the garage to go read the label on the other side (because I gave the box a shove and it didn't budge an inch). And discovered the boxes belonged to the neighbor who helped with the dog... (didn't know their last name).

And FedEx customer service is a whole other world when you call back at night... at least they didn't show up to get the boxes since I cancelled, I wasn't too sure the message got thru.
 
Maybe, he had out a couple tools, wrench, pliars, whatever. Wondering if there's some kind of lubricant that might help it loosen or slide out. That dog must've pulled on it so hard it got wedged in there but good.

Maybe I can make it into Halloween decor, rattling chains for a ghost.
 
Los Angeles has an Urban Search and Rescue Team in Mexico. The team's dogs are an extremely vital component.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom