What's new

The Coffee House

I can deal with horse flies, biting flies and no seeums, but the venom of the guinea wasp is worse then a normal wasp. In addition to those we have scorpions that like the cool corners of the garage. So far I've been lucky, but you always check any shoes left there before you put them on. Lastly the Coppeheads seem to have been bad this year. 4 children bitten in the last month.
We keep our scorpions out in the deserts. No Copperheads here but plenty of Rattlers.
 
@Gary A. Plenty of Rattlers here, but they tend to stay more in the woods. Copper heads on the otherhand will come around the house. Had several when we first moved here, but since a couple of King Snakes took up residence in a retaining wall the Copper heads have disappeared
 
That did actually give me a thought... I think the neighbor may have gotten a link of the chain open to get it apart (looked like he still had part of the chain attached to the dog's collar and the other half is in the driveway). Since the main concern last night was getting the dog loose, and didn't want to remove the collar since it had a tag in case it took off, which it didn't - it seemed quite well behaved and content to stay with him and his wife in my driveway.

Or I could get Wile E. Coyote to dynamite it.
 
Nah, that was just Gary playing with his TV. He probably hooked it up to the Kamado and used it like a satellite dish.

Is that what those emergency broadcasts are for? I thought it was just an annoying way to cut audio during the best part of a show.

If the broadcast was from '97 it's taking ET a loong time to get (back) here.
 
One August, two fishermen went to the eastern shore of Maryland for the first time, to try their luck in some of the waters along the Chesapeake Bay. They set up camp and went to an area near the Blackwater Wildlife Refuge. Within minutes they were inundated with mosquitoes and black flies so badly, they stopped and retreated to camp. That night, one saw the glow from several fireflies and screamed "OHMYGOD -- THEY'VE GOT FLASHLIGHTS!"
 
My iPhone 8 Plus is here. I haven't turned it on yet...but soon.

Supposedly the camera is awesome -- I'll share my results here.
 
The camera in my Galaxy 6 Active isn't terrible so it has to be pretty good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
My iPhone 8 Plus is here. I haven't turned it on yet...but soon.

Supposedly the camera is awesome -- I'll share my results here.

Looking forward to your review of the camera.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom