What's new

The Coffee House

I have 3 uncles who all worked for Polaroid in Cambridge. I'll have to ask if any of them have any old products stuffed away in a box somewhere. It could be interesting for some of you.

As I was typing this I had a flashback of my aunt having something to do with Haselblad at one point. I remember her giving me a t shirt that had Haselblad on the front. Will check with her too to find out what that connection was. She's a total pack rat.

46gDD.gif
 
I bought myself a birthday present.


Happy birthday to me
by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

Happy Birthday, Charlie!

That actually comes with roll film? What are you planning to do when the roll film is done or if it's dried up? Planning to convert it?
Yes, there is a roll in the case. I don't know - maybe I can adapt something, even if it's one shot at a time.

I might be able to sell it to a local hipster.
I can't make out the model. 150, 800?
 
Looks to me like it says 150 on the brochure. We must've just done the same thing, gone back for a closer look!

Happy Birthday Charlie, you lucky bear!
 
There was a skit on Carol Burnett awhile ago where various commercials were happening in her house, and Harvey Korman came in being Olivier with a Polaroid SX-70 (a white 'stormtrooper' one). It had a flashbar with some of the bulbs used, and took a picture of her hiding in the tub and out popped the picture.
 
Spinal Tap is on tonight! ugh I'm too tired to make it staying up that late. Maybe I'll just watch til the volume goes to 11.


edit - The numbers all go to 11. Look-11, 11, 11. Most amps go to 10. It's one louder than 10.

Now I could go to bed but I'm into the movie... 'Gimme Some Money'
 
Last edited:
I have 3 uncles who all worked for Polaroid in Cambridge. I'll have to ask if any of them have any old products stuffed away in a box somewhere. It could be interesting for some of you.

As I was typing this I had a flashback of my aunt having something to do with Haselblad at one point. I remember her giving me a t shirt that had Haselblad on the front. Will check with her too to find out what that connection was. She's a total pack rat.
I appreciate it; thank you.
 
In a couple hours I am going to go walkabout (actually drive).
And see what I can see at the flea market.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
I bought myself a birthday present.


Happy birthday to me
by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

Happy Birthday, Charlie!

That actually comes with roll film? What are you planning to do when the roll film is done or if it's dried up? Planning to convert it?
Yes, there is a roll in the case. I don't know - maybe I can adapt something, even if it's one shot at a time.

I might be able to sell it to a local hipster.
I can't make out the model. 150, 800?
It's the 800. User's manual is written for 150 and 800 - I don't know the differences, yet.
 
I bought myself a birthday present.


Happy birthday to me
by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

Happy Birthday, Charlie!

That actually comes with roll film? What are you planning to do when the roll film is done or if it's dried up? Planning to convert it?
Yes, there is a roll in the case. I don't know - maybe I can adapt something, even if it's one shot at a time.

I might be able to sell it to a local hipster.
I can't make out the model. 150, 800?
It's the 800. User's manual is written for 150 and 800 - I don't know the differences, yet.
The difference is 650.
 
Dodgers take the MLB West, the fifth title in a row, in spite of themselves. As the game was blacked out locally, Gary watched it via his internet streaming device.

@JC: You should get one. They're not perfect, but there is a ton of content. Yesterday, while searching for the Dodger game Gary ran into Alabama vs. Georgia ... that peaked Gary's interest ... turns out to have been women's volleyball.

Big game today, undefeated Cal versus undefeated USC.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom