What's new

The Coffee House

Screenshot_20170927-135120.webp
 
I just had a thought and want to know what you think about that:

It is acceptable if you do not smoke or drink alcoholic beverages or eat garlic or chilli, but if you do not eat sugar or wheat or milk people tend to think you are strange...

Is that tradition in conflict with health?
 
I just had a thought and want to know what you think about that:

It is acceptable if you do not smoke or drink alcoholic beverages or eat garlic or chilli, but if you do not eat sugar or wheat or milk people tend to think you are strange...

Is that tradition in conflict with health?

I'm not sure I agree that people think it's strange if you don't eat sugar or wheat or milk. At least not here. Most people wouldn't bat an eye if someone says they are avoiding those things. Perhaps we are more familiar with people who avoid sugar because of diabetes, or who have problems with gluten, or who are lactose-intolerant. In fact, just the other day, there was an event at work that involved ice cream, and when I declined to have any because, as I said, "Ice cream and I don't really get along", I didn't see anyone react as if I were strange for not eating ice cream. I mean, people think I'm strange, but not because of the ice cream ;)

I'd be more surprised at someone who doesn't eat garlic.
 
What I will say is that sometimes people who are gluten-free will get the stink eye a little bit, just because it's such a fad these days, so it's hard to tell if they really can't have gluten (Celiac, e.g.) or if they are just on the latest diet bandwagon for no reason other than to be fashionable.
 
Funny story regarding garlic:

My sister had never really cooked with fresh garlic before.... A recipe called for her to use 3 cloves of garlic. She didn't realize that a bulb includes several cloves. She thought a bulb was a clove.

She used THREE BULBS OF GARLIC.
 
I had a neighbor that ate garlic raw; just peeled it and ate it.
 
Funny story regarding garlic:

My sister had never really cooked with fresh garlic before.... A recipe called for her to use 3 cloves of garlic. She didn't realize that a bulb includes several cloves. She thought a bulb was a clove.

She used THREE BULBS OF GARLIC.

And this is bad because...? ;)

I had a neighbor that ate garlic raw; just peeled it and ate it.

I don't eat it raw like that, but my go-to medicinal meal when I have a cold is to heat up some veggie broth and raw garlic, then throw in about two handfuls of fresh spinach, which then wilts in the hot broth. The broth isn't really hot enough to cook or soften the garlic, though, so it's still sort of semi-raw when I eat it.

Mmmmm, garlic.
 
And this is bad because...? ;)
b9017209f385048be8031e904cac9bd8e9f35dd959b46c6efc1a110c6e1b3b00.jpg


I had a neighbor that ate garlic raw; just peeled it and ate it.

I don't eat it raw like that, but my go-to medicinal meal when I have a cold is to heat up some veggie broth and raw garlic, then throw in about two handfuls of fresh spinach, which then wilts in the hot broth. The broth isn't really hot enough to cook or soften the garlic, though, so it's still sort of semi-raw when I eat it.

Mmmmm, garlic.
That sounds delicious!
 
Roasted garlic. :D
 
Dave went back by work to get his check.
Came home and tried to make the AC happier. ( goes to check something)
Maybe. But I am not ready to bet on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom