What's new

The Coffee House

I mean, people think I'm strange, but not because of the ice cream ;)

Are we supposed to agree with "people think you're strange", or "it's not strange to have a problem with milk products". I'm confused??? I couldn't find a button that quite fit this :allteeth::allteeth::allteeth::allteeth::allteeth:
 
I don't eat it raw like that, but my go-to medicinal meal when I have a cold is to heat up some veggie broth and raw garlic, then throw in about two handfuls of fresh spinach, which then wilts in the hot broth. The broth isn't really hot enough to cook or soften the garlic, though, so it's still sort of semi-raw when I eat it.

Mmmmm, garlic.
That sounds delicious!

It's sooooo good, and I swear I can practically feel the healing start after just a few sips.
 
I don't eat it raw like that, but my go-to medicinal meal when I have a cold is to heat up some veggie broth and raw garlic, then throw in about two handfuls of fresh spinach, which then wilts in the hot broth. The broth isn't really hot enough to cook or soften the garlic, though, so it's still sort of semi-raw when I eat it.

Mmmmm, garlic.
That sounds delicious!

It's sooooo good, and I swear I can practically feel the healing start after just a few sips.


If you believe you will move mountains (given you organize enough bulldozers to do the dirty work) ...

:bouncingsmileys:
 
I don’t think it’s ever been 88* with 29% humidity in CT.

Kids are hard to figure out sometimes. I made homemade baked chicken tenders last night, and my daughter didn’t take a bite. We went with a more adult-like meal tonight — pressure cooker chicken and lentil stew — and she ate as much as I did. I guess the lentils are more nutritious haha.
 
I just had a thought and want to know what you think about that:

It is acceptable if you do not smoke or drink alcoholic beverages or eat garlic or chilli, but if you do not eat sugar or wheat or milk people tend to think you are strange...

Is that tradition in conflict with health?
Out here yes it is acceptable for people to have diet restrictions. Many/most people actually respect those who take a harder path by not eating certain common foods and drink. What gets Gary's goat, is when those artificial "indulgences" turns an easy group meal upside down.

PS-Out here people spend a lot of time in supermarket aisles reading labels and checking their phone apps.
 
Last edited:
I just had a thought and want to know what you think about that:

It is acceptable if you do not smoke or drink alcoholic beverages or eat garlic or chilli, but if you do not eat sugar or wheat or milk people tend to think you are strange...

Is that tradition in conflict with health?

I'm not sure I agree that people think it's strange if you don't eat sugar or wheat or milk. At least not here. Most people wouldn't bat an eye if someone says they are avoiding those things. Perhaps we are more familiar with people who avoid sugar because of diabetes, or who have problems with gluten, or who are lactose-intolerant. In fact, just the other day, there was an event at work that involved ice cream, and when I declined to have any because, as I said, "Ice cream and I don't really get along", I didn't see anyone react as if I were strange for not eating ice cream. I mean, people think I'm strange, but not because of the ice cream ;)

I'd be more surprised at someone who doesn't eat garlic.
Gary remembers tasting wine with a garlic farmer. After chatting a bit, he went to his car returning with a bag of garlic. We continued our chat but now we were eating raw garlic with our wine. It was pretty good, lots of different flavors. He gave me some special bulbs to plant in the yard. He insisted that I wait until October ... in a week Gary plants.
 
I don’t think it’s ever been 88* with 29% humidity in CT.

Kids are hard to figure out sometimes. I made homemade baked chicken tenders last night, and my daughter didn’t take a bite. We went with a more adult-like meal tonight — pressure cooker chicken and lentil stew — and she ate as much as I did. I guess the lentils are more nutritious haha.
Not out of the norm for here. Gary believes that around 50% humidity is when the wetness starts to act like a heat multiplier.

Gary remembers walking down the auditorium steps of a high school event and saw a family with grade school aged kids discussing dinner. The kids got these giants smiles and were literally hopping up and down shouting ... "Liver! Liver! Liver!".
 
Last edited:
No Liver. Nope. There are few things Dave don't eat and that is high on the list.
It's so hot and humid in the house Dave had cereal for dinner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
The AC in my school (this is a safe space, right? Many schools around here don't have any at all) wasn't working that well today, and I was just slightly moist all day. So gross.

Funny you mention liver...my daughter was a little anemic at her last doctor appointment, and they gave us a list of iron-rich foods. Three different types of liver were on the list. Offals are the one of the few things I can't handle cooking. We'll make sure she eats more broccoli and lentils and stuff instead, haha.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom