The Coffee House

It is SUPPOSED to get a bit cooler here in East Texas. But Dave will believe it when he sees it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

@ Peg: Gary has season tickets for the local theatre which starts tonight, (Ain't Misbehavin'). Undefeated USC plays Undefeated Washington State. Hosting the triple bypass guy for the weekend. Plus taking care of a real big thing ... more on that Sunday.

Last edited:
We used to go to theatres. The Pasadena Little Theatre. Once at the Grand in Galveston. But up here in East Texas there ain't much of that.

We saw Mama Mia in Galveston. Always did like!

We have two fairly decent local theater groups in our town. Sadly I haven't been lately, and I don't have a good reason for not going. They both do fantastic productions.

Our local theatre isn't bad, not as good as many of the theatres in Los Angeles, Hollywood and Orange County ... but for our little community of La Mirada, it hits above its weight. It is run by Cathy Rigby (the Olympian) and her husband Tom McCoy.

I'm back Hosers! All caught up on the coffee talk which was, disappointingly, mostly about coffee! What's everyone planning for the weekend? I'm heading to the White Mtns fir a quick overnight to leaf peep.
Haircuts in the morning, a little running, then a nap for MLW - she's working a 12-hour at the Watch Office tomorrow night. I'll pack up some stuff for the storage unit so we can drop that off.

MLW got notice that her promotion is official, as of Sunday, so we did Dinner and a Movie. We hit a Disney flick (re-run of "Tangle" - their version of Rapunzel) which was pretty decent. Tried the gourmet pizza place across the street from the apartment afterwards: told waitress we needed a couple minutes to look over the menu and never saw her again. After at least 15 minutes we went to the front counter, paid for the two drinks and left. We ended up at our favorite place (Ledo's) and wasn't disappointed.

Well, it's been a long day so I'll catch up with y'all tomorrow.

We have two fairly decent local theater groups in our town. Sadly I haven't been lately, and I don't have a good reason for not going. They both do fantastic productions.

Our local theatre isn't bad, not as good as many of the theatres in Los Angeles, Hollywood and Orange County ... but for our little community of La Mirada, it hits above its weight. It is run by Cathy Rigby (the Olympian) and her husband Tom McCoy.

Our town does not have a theater group. We do have our own ballet and symphony though so really can't complain! For theater Boston is a quick train or uber away.

I can't believe how far I have come since joining here two years ago. Lost 65 lbs, drink coffee from a French press, 16 cameras.... I have to stop, I'm gonna cry....

Coffee was better this morning.
Dave will be mobile in a while to get the fellow who will crawl under the house to put the AC connector duct up.
And in 2-4 weeks we will have him back to fix it more correctly.

Breakfast this morning. Don’t worry, southern friends, my Virginia-born and bred momma would whoop my ass if I ever used instant grits.

792E6BCB-B745-4C30-9A07-EAB7C4B3D43C.jpeg

64F right now. Mary Lou, Maggie and Gary are in the patio on this cool and overcast morning. Should hit 80F today with a UV index of 0. Coffee, tea and bagels with Greek cream cheese are on the patio table next to the paper, the early birds are singing, the Hummingbirds are hummin' and the butterflies are buttering. Quoting Randy Newman "... another perfect day, I love LA ..."

The play last night, was more of a concert/revue featuring the music of Fats Waller. The revue was 100% entertaining, an evening filled with music from the 20's, 30's and 40's. A standing ovation was deserved and given by all.

Most reactions

Back