What's new

The Coffee House

Dave dearly loves big band music.
Give him some Glen Miller and he is happy as a clam!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Oddly, Gary has never had a desire for grits. What is a grit? What does it taste like? Would Gary like a grit?

Meh, it's basically blander, soupier polenta.
 
'A' grit... lol you can't eat just one. (Or potato chips either.)

I've had them, not something I'd bother to make but if I went to the Smokies or little Nashville I'd have some. They come with every meal! If I wanted something made from cornmeal I'd rather have cornbread.
 
Gary has to figure out how to help those suffering from Maria. The easy thing is money but he wants the most cluck for his buck. God Bless you who suffered from Maria's path.
 
Yeah, that situation... I don't even know what to say.

edit - Except FWIW in the areas affected by hurricane damage, there are people doing something. Kenny Chesney set up a fundraiser (and let people stay in his home down there), Branson of Virgin airlines filled planes and sent supplies (his home there was damaged), and all the former Presidents set up a charity thru the Bush library (I think it is). People that just as easily could sit around on their famous butts and do nothing are ones stepping in to try to help.
 
Last edited:
My mom likes Glen Miller. When we were kids we used to listen to her big band records. I like jazz.



Now I have that song stuck in my head.
 
Hosers! Could use your input on something. I'm going to be showing some of my flower photos in our local art walk. 3 photos. I can't decide if I should use the sunflowers as a series or go with 3 separate photos that are more abstract. I like the more abstract pics but everyone else (family, friends) likes the sunflowers and they are seasonal right now... they also need to be re-edited much more carefully if I use them since I did them on my phone the first time! Can you take a look through my Flickr Flowers album and offer your thoughts? I need to decide this weekend.
 
Oddly, Gary has never had a desire for grits. What is a grit? What does it taste like? Would Gary like a grit?

"Grits" is corn meal that is ground coarse then boiled, similar to a thick porridge. I prefer real butter on mine, but the toppings that people choose are numerous. Instant grits taste like ----- well, crap.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom