What's new

The Coffee House

Good morning.
Cold pizza and the usual K-cup for breakfast. I have to muddle around quietly, as MLW is in bed after her overnight gig and didn't really get a chance to catch her sleep at the office (they are allowed four hours on the 12-hour night shift).

If only football players would merely play football. And leave politics alone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

There are a lot of people who should leave politics alone. Let’s start with keeping those type of discussions out of threads on the main forum. This is a hot button issue as anyone with a Facebook account can confirm. I’m sure you can get a rousing debate about it going if you’d like to post it in the Subscribers forums where anything goes including politics, religion etc.
Yes, please. Living near DC, I think we get more than our share IRL, so the political-free zone is a blessing.
 
Buenas Dias Coffee Hosers. Gary has some sad but also happy news to share.

Sadly, about a month ago, Cookie (AKA The Cook), passed. She was 14 years old and her kidneys simply wore out. She was an incredible companion and my best friend. Cook and Gary did everything together.

Gary made a gallery in honor and memory of The Cook.

The%20Cook-XL.jpg

Cook in her summer coiffure.

MLP-Cookie%203-X2.jpg

Cook in winter.

Cook and Friends:
IMG_9871A-M.jpg


S0030010-L.jpg


IMG_0625-L.jpg


IMG_9526-X3.jpg


IMG_0588-L.jpg


_1020875-XL.jpg


Okay ... now Gary is tearing up ...

S0761372-L.jpg

Rest In Peace sweet Cook.
 
Last edited:
Buenas Dias Coffee Hosers. Gary has some sad but also happy news to share.

Sadly, about a month ago, Cookie (AKA The Cook), passed. She was 14 years old and her kidneys simply wore out. She was an incredible companion and my best friend. Cook and Gary did everything together.

Gary made a gallery in honor of The Cook.

The%20Cook-XL.jpg

Cook in her summer coiffure.

MLP-Cookie%203-X2.jpg

Cook in winter.

Cook and Friends:
IMG_9871A-M.jpg


S0030010-L.jpg


IMG_0625-L.jpg


IMG_9526-X3.jpg


IMG_0588-L.jpg


_1020875-XL.jpg


Okay ... now Gary is tearing up ...

S0761372-L.jpg

Rest In Peace sweet Cook.

Oh no!!!!! I'm so sorry! :blueface: Many hugs to you and Mary Lou.:icon_hug::icon_hug:

Leo is totally tearing up too. She was a good fine Cookie and I'm grateful we got to know her through you, Tio. Just today, I saw a dog that looked like her and I cried, "Cookie!" and went over for some lovin'.

We'll all miss her :heartpump:
 
Sorry for your loss my friend. I know how special she was. [emoji25]
 
Near the end, when Cook was unable to take her, until then, daily morning walk, a neighbor came by walking her dog. She stopped and we chatted about Cookie and I explained that she wasn't doing well and the neighbor stated that Cookie was an institution in the neighborhood. It's funny, but more people knew Cookie's name than the name of her humans (Mary Lou and Gary). One day Gary and Cook were driving in an adjacent city, Brea, on a four lane highway. While stopped at a red light, Cook's head was out the window, when another car pulled up to the light, rolled down the window and inquired if that was Cookie. Gary, of course, affirmed that indeed it was The Cook then we drove away. To this day Gary doesn't know who that person was.
 
Buenas Dias Coffee Hosers. Gary has some sad but also happy news to share.

Sadly, about a month ago, Cookie (AKA The Cook), passed. She was 14 years old and her kidneys simply wore out. She was an incredible companion and my best friend. Cook and Gary did everything together.

Gary made a gallery in honor of The Cook.

The%20Cook-XL.jpg

Cook in her summer coiffure.

MLP-Cookie%203-X2.jpg

Cook in winter.

Cook and Friends:
IMG_9871A-M.jpg


S0030010-L.jpg


IMG_0625-L.jpg


IMG_9526-X3.jpg


IMG_0588-L.jpg


_1020875-XL.jpg


Okay ... now Gary is tearing up ...

S0761372-L.jpg

Rest In Peace sweet Cook.

Oh no!!!!! I'm so sorry! :blueface: Many hugs to you and Mary Lou.:icon_hug::icon_hug:

Leo is totally tearing up too. She was a good fine Cookie and I'm grateful we got to know her through you, Tio. Just today, I saw a dog that looked like her and I cried, "Cookie!" and went over for some lovin'.

We'll all miss her :heartpump:
Thank you Leo. All dogs are special, but The Cook just seemed more so.
 
So sorry for your loss Gary. It’s sad that they’re only in our lives for a short time compared to humans. I hope you find comfort that you gave her such a loving and happy home.

Your new family member looks like a sweetie pie. Looking forward to photos of your new adventures with Maggie.
 
Mary Lou and Gary were reluctant to adopt another dog so soon after Cookie's passing.
Okay the Happy news:

Hosers, Mary Lou and Gary have a new baby. May Gary introduce Maggie, a ten week old Soft Coated Wheaten baby:

View attachment 147525
Refuge under the fountain.

View attachment 147526
Resting on Gary.

View attachment 147527

Maggie!! Such a fluff ball :586:
None of those iPhone image captures her puppyiness. She will melt your heart in an instant. I will try to get some better images today, but she is extremely cute, extremely cuddly, extremely entertaining ... to use JC's vocabulary an extreme Pumpkin Butt.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom