What's new

The Coffee House

The NYY just played the Darth Vader evil empire theme music while introducing the Twins. Now that's funny!
 
It’s also funny that they’re down 3-0 in the first.
 
It’s also funny that they’re down 3-0 in the first.

Tied now. Ugh. Sorry, it's ingrained in my DNA to hate them. The Sox could be in first place and the Yanks in last on the last day of the season and if the score crawl at the bottom of the screen shows a Yankee win I still swear at the tv.
 
If the Astros played a game or will play today I couldn't find them....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
And on that note Good Night hosers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
If the Astros played a game or will play today I couldn't find them....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Sox at Astros series starts Thursday afternoon.
 
Y'all ought to try Gary's coconut milk mint ice cream with chocolate bits ... it would make you a believer.


Currently I believe that my health and feeling well is better in a life without sugar
 
It is so great to live in a walkable city community where lots of people know me, greet me, chat with me and the children giggle and tell their mother: "look there he is the photographer" ... Other than in a rural community I can be part of the community without sacrificing my private life. I am a happy man!
 
Sounds good Frank!
We live in the sticks.
3.5 acres for the dogs to run in.
And pretty soon I gotta go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Y'all ought to try Gary's coconut milk mint ice cream with chocolate bits ... it would make you a believer.


Currently I believe that my health and feeling well is better in a life without sugar
Living life without "refined" sugar is a good thing, but especially for you, as your health/metabolism is the exception to the norm. With Gary's sorbets and ice creams, he has been cutting down on the sugar content of the recipe. He is now down to sugar content about half of what the recipe calls out and the results still taste yummy.
 
Last edited:
It is so great to live in a walkable city community where lots of people know me, greet me, chat with me and the children giggle and tell their mother: "look there he is the photographer" ... Other than in a rural community I can be part of the community without sacrificing my private life. I am a happy man!
Gary agrees that fits you. Yesterday Gary walked to the grocery store for dinner fixin's then to the hardware store for some duct tape. On Friday Mary Lou and Gary walked to the theatre. When you were here, we took off everyday in the car to explore Southern California. Gary speaks with his neighbors and they come over for coffee and wine and dinner multiple times a week. Last night, Mike came over for dinner. I think you met Mike, he's the older guy with Max, the beautiful Golden Retriever mix. Gary and Cookie met Mike and Max in the park. We had Brats, German potato salad, sauerkraut, pickled beets all washed down with a Hangar 24 Orange Wheat beer. We boiled half the Brats in a beer/onion/butter mixture and the other half Gary grilled. Both were quite good, but Mary Lou, Mike and Gary liked the grilled best.

Gary is glad that you are happy living in the city. Gary is glad that David likes living in the country. Both offer a lifestyle with a lot of positive. Gary likes the compromise of living in suburbia. Gary enjoys a quiet and private yard, which he wouldn't have in the city, which he cultivates and manicures to Gary's tastes and enjoyment. Gary enjoys the ability to walk for his daily needs and entertainment. Granted, the variety of shops and restaurants isn't as numerous as if Gary lived in a large urban city ... and granted the quiet and size of his yard isn't as quiet or as large as if Gary lived in the country ... which is why it is a compromise.

The countryside, full of cows, horses, goats, acres of corn, strawberries, oranges, et cetera is less than an hour away by car. The big city with it's sophisticated restaurants and world class museums and world class entertainment is less than an hour away via car. The mountains, 10,000 feet high and filled with winter snow is less than an hour north. The beach, with 100 foot high cliffs and sandy crescent coves is less than an hour away. The Mojave desert, one of the driest deserts on earth is an hour thirty minutes to the east. World class wine country is two hours to the north or 75 minutes to the southeast.

There are times when Gary would love to live in a big urban setting, complete with mass transit eliminating the need for a car. And there are times when living in the country with acres of open space is quite appealing. But Gary recognizes that suburban living is a compromise, but he is happy with that compromise.

Sorta like an APS-C sensor being a compromise between the IQ of a FF and the small footprint of a MFT. Gary shoots digital with an APS-C camera.

PS- Disneyland is 20 minutes away, as is Angel Stadium and the Honda Center. :cool-48:
 
Last edited:
I like being able to take a walk without having to talk to people. If I knew that taking a walk meant talking to a bunch of people, I'd never leave the house. Living in a city is stressful and exhausting for me. (And yes, I've done it, so it's not just a theoretical. It's not for me.) Even suburbia is a bit tricky. At least in the TriState area. Suburbia can get pretty crowded, too. I don't want to be able to see into my neighbor's house. In fact, I'd prefer to not see their house at all ;)

I'm fine going into the city for the day or even to work in a place with a lot of activity all day, but when I go home, I need to lay my head down in a place where I can't hear human activity. Crickets and frogs, maybe the wind or rain. I also like to be able to see the stars.
 
Even suburbia is a bit tricky. At least in the TriState area. Suburbia can get pretty crowded, too. I don't want to be able to see into my neighbor's house. In fact, I'd prefer to not see their house at all ;)
The wife and I live in a small townhouse community (probably 40-45 units). When I take the dog out, I don't want to talk to anyone. Yet, people treat it like gossip hour and yell to me across the street. I feel obligated to wave to literally everyone that drives through.

Some of the younger folk (I act like I'm not young, ha) treat it like a dorm. They invite people over for beer, etc. It's terrifying, because I don't want to interact with them. It's my home, so I want to be free to do what I want and not feel trapped.. eh, um, I mean, obligated to stand there for three hours listening to them drone on. I don't want to fear that they see my car in the driveway, or lights on in the house, and think that I'm home and ignoring them. Frustrating.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom